Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
I sure would like to know as well. I am getting a 2012 Touareg but will sorely miss paddle shifters.

I am still searching the threads.....:confused:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would love this mod.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I can't imagine it is cheap. I do use the tiptronic often with the 8 speed and low rpm range of the TDI paddle shifters would be a blast also.

·
Registered
447 Posts
^^ Me too! I would be all over some kind of kit.

·
Registered
447 Posts
^^^ Yes I do. But where do you get one? And what is required to make this work? So you have made this conversion? My dealer is clueless.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I guess I need to brush up on my German! 249 Euro seems cheap.(?) I wish I knew someone who had done this. Sooooo tempting! Lack of paddle shifters is my number one gripe. I would be so happy.

·
Registered
311 Posts
and somewhere in my trolling the web I have seen photos of how to do it - may have even been a video.

Edit: oops may have been a T1

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
On the T1 you needed the paddles plus you needed to run a harness between the steer ing wheel base and the transmission computer. spockcat sold the kit for it. It was a great mod on the T1s.

While I put the kit on both my V8 and V10, I'll be honest with you all that I didn't use it much....I find paddle shift only works well on DSG/SMG transmissions which respond instantly. Even the quick shifting T3 tranny just doesn't do it for me so I never use tiptronic.

·
Registered
93 Posts
So, for the T3/7P one needs the steering wheel (confirmed) and probably a harness as well. I cannot imagine that nobody, since 2011, has done this mod! Am I to lose my faith into the modders on this forum?

·
Registered
9 Posts
The paddles in the aftermarket kit that someone posted pictures of looked a bit too "aftermarketish' for my taste.

Unless I'm mistaken, paddle shifters seem to be an option on 2014 Touaregs (in Canada at least) with the R-line trim package. So presumably all the parts for a retrofit could be ordered directly from a VW dealer?

·
Registered
447 Posts
So, for the T3/7P one needs the steering wheel (confirmed) and probably a harness as well. I cannot imagine that nobody, since 2011, has done this mod! Am I to lose my faith into the modders on this forum?
+1 Please someone...help a brother! :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I did the swap last night on my '14 TDI Exec. Paddle shifters aren't responding; I'm getting my vagcom out tonight. These are the closest instructions that I've found, from a B8 Audi:

Enable Paddle Shifters Using VCDS

VCDS
16 - Steering Wheel
07 - Coding
Long Coding Helper
Byte 2
Bit 5 (Tiptronic Installed)
Check the Box (Change from 0 to 1)

Will report how it goes!

Attachments

·
Registered
447 Posts
I would love to know what parts are needed and a step by step how to. Let me know how it goes! GOOD LUCK! :)

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I did the swap last night on my '14 TDI Exec. Paddle shifters aren't responding; I'm getting my vagcom out tonight. These are the closest instructions that I've found, from a B8 Audi:

Enable Paddle Shifters Using VCDS

VCDS
16 - Steering Wheel
07 - Coding
Long Coding Helper
Byte 2
Bit 5 (Tiptronic Installed)
Check the Box (Change from 0 to 1)

Will report how it goes!
Did you have to run a harness? Mine has been collecting dust for a while now. Let us know how it goes. Good Luck!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts