Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help please. I tried to search for this code and not getting much help. I have replaced the aux coolant pump but with the cheap $80 Chinese one from ebay. I replaced it, topped off coolant, clear the codes and it comes back. I have only really seen the P261B code online. I have verified all the fuses in the front half of the fuse box need to the brake reservoir. I see on the fuse diagrams online about a possible relay for the pump but can't find it. Anyone seen this or have suggestions?

1 Fault Found:
12351 - Coolant Pump 2
P261C 00 [237] - Short to GND
MIL ON - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Mileage: 172163 km
Date: 2019.02.06
Time: 18:19:33
Engine speed: 1158.50 /min
Normed load value: 22.4 %
Vehicle speed: 52 km/h
Coolant temperature: 93 °C
Intake air temperature: 6 °C
Ambient air pressure: 980 mbar
Voltage terminal 30: 14.559 V
Unlearning counter according OBD: 40
Relative load value: 16.36 %

Readiness: 0000 0100

If I reset, it comes back after about 2 drives.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Start checking the wiring. It seems unlikely you have two bad pumps in a row. The odds would be that the error is not the pump, but something else in the circuit.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I would check the wiring. Sounds like that is the culprit. If you have a tone generator, it can find bad spots in wiring harnesses easier.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Check fuses 10 and 12 in the underhood fuse box. Check relay #6. Attached are the wiring diagram and relay location.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks. I checked the fuse but not the relay. I was searching a while trying to find where it was. Now I just need the get the wiper off to access the back or that fuse box.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. I got the wiper arm off and got access to that fuse box. I don't have a relay or even wiring for the relay at R5 or R6. I am wondering if I should be looking for the relay J708 from the wiring diagram. I just am not sure where to find that relay.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone know where the J708 relay is? Also is it safe to assume the aux water pump is the same as the recirculating water pump? Don't tell me this car has 3 water pumps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts