Club Touareg Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
After the new turbo was fitted (and air leak fixed) no more errors :)
Hard to say what actually caused this, but the good old treg is now happily living with it's new owner up above polar circle :cool:

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Thanks for the follow-up. What are you driving now?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Thanks for the follow-up. What are you driving now?
This time I opted for a couple of electric cars :) Here in Norway over 50% of new cars sold are now electric, so we're in for a shift.
I still own 2 diesels (toyota and peugeot horse car) so still get my hands dirty from time to time ;)

But I must say: service cost for the electric cars are around a third of the diesels, and I save $5-$600 monthly compared to diesels.. Crazy numbers, but no bs.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Wow that was a hell of a twist, is it still an SUV? What manufacturer if you don't mind my asking?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
onthly compared to diesels.. Crazy num
Wow that was a hell of a twist, is it still an SUV? What manufacturer if you don't mind my asking?
Yep, pretty crazy. I bought two Hyundai's. I know, knock me down. One Kona EV and one Ioniq EV. Missing the 4x4, but at premium level comfort is pretty good, and the 200bhp electric motor motor on the Kona is amazing. 480km WLTP range is close to what I got from TREG with a full tank and heavy driving.
But: cost for full battery is around $3-$4 (yep, no zeros). And I usually charge for free at work..
Full treg tank in Norway: $120

Also in Norway there's no taxes for EV's, and barely any toll roads. Ferry costs for EV is 1/3 too.

Pretty much sums it up.

·
Banned
3,302 Posts
Norway is a global trailblazer in terms of EV. There's so much incentive for doing what you did.
I wish the clowns governing our continent would take some pointers and follow suit.

Have you guys started implementing the "feeding back into the grid" approach when your EV is fully charged and just parked? I recall reading about this option a while back.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Wow no kidding. That's pretty awesome. Thank you for the info

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Norway is a global trailblazer in terms of EV. There's so much incentive for doing what you did.
I wish the clowns governing our continent would take some pointers and follow suit.

Have you guys started implementing the "feeding back into the grid" approach when your EV is fully charged and just parked? I recall reading about this option a while back.
Hi
The cars themselves don't feed back directly, however many norwegians have installed solar celled rooftops and power walls, and are actually selling power back to the grid more than they consume.
So for sunny days we can store power and sell it cheap to our neighbors at night. Pretty cool :)
It's all very new, so mye guess is that the whole system will be adjusted over time. I don't see any reason why we in the future can't be able to sell directly from car batteries / cells.

·
Banned
3,302 Posts
I know there was talk in the recent past about having Vehicle-To-Grid integration so that basically all the parked EVs could supply\supplement the grid in PEAK usage times with their own already charged batteries, and then basically replenish themselves in OFF PEAK hours\overnight so that there's no loss to the EV driver..... at least that's what I recall.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I know there was talk in the recent past about having Vehicle-To-Grid integration so that basically all the parked EVs could supply\supplement the grid in PEAK usage times with their own already charged batteries, and then basically replenish themselves in OFF PEAK hours\overnight so that there's no loss to the EV driver..... at least that's what I recall.
Cool. That's a very good idea indeed :) A lot of power will certainly be lost in the transfer, but most won't. For countries with weak grids and "non-green" power it will surely help a lot.
I have opted in for "green power" only here, and Norway export a lot of it. Looking forward to the new batteries that are coming pretty soon.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts