Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi
The EGR warning is gone now, however I do have a leak somewhere. Sounds like a 2nd turbo. Need to FInd out where it is before I'll resume troubleshooting.
However, I did not see any faults on MAF, and EGR valve was replaced. Might be all my combined efforts with steaming etc actually cleared it, but I'm worried that the EGR cooler is clogged..

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
A
Thanx again. Yep, the MAF reports lower flow when EGR is open, but I guess it's not low enough for the ECU to be happy. As I have already cleaned out EGR pipe, replaced EGR valve and checked many of the other, big tubes I suspect EGR cooler to be the reason for this. These issues are quite common up here in the north. Replacing EGR cooler is a massive job.
I could also try cleaning the intake manifold as it seems to be an easier job, actually. I'll keep this thread updated as I dig more.
So far as i can see you didn't replace the EGR exhaust gas temperature sensor.
Why would this not be near the top of the list in your fault finding.
I know you get that fault about EGR insufficient flow when you put a restrictor in the EGR system.
The sensor isn't seeing the temp rise it thinks it should so it faults on low flow.
Its not rocket science. :cautious:

Regards
Drag

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
A

I know you get that fault about EGR insufficient flow when you put a restrictor in the EGR system.
The sensor isn't seeing the temp rise it thinks it should so it faults on low flow.

Regards
Drag
Thanx! I'll order a new temp sensor too :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have the same motor, CASA, and had the same problem. Took the EGR out and cleaned it but nothing happened. After that i thought to change the gas station, highest quality diesel and the results started to come. Now it was just once a week, check engine on and after a few rides check engine off. Next i bought a MAF cleaner and cleaned it a few times (dont touch it, just spray it) and let it dry for one hour or so. After that everything was fine, no more check engine on and no more errors in VCDS. Its been half year since. Fingers crossed.
The usual suspects are: MAP and MAF sensors. If you decide to change them remember they need a basic setting with VCDS. Not sure if both or just one of them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I have the same motor, CASA, and had the same problem. Took the EGR out and cleaned it but nothing happened. After that i thought to change the gas station, highest quality diesel and the results started to come. Now it was just once a week, check engine on and after a few rides check engine off. Next i bought a MAF cleaner and cleaned it a few times (dont touch it, just spray it) and let it dry for one hour or so. After that everything was fine, no more check engine on and no more errors in VCDS. Its been half year since. Fingers crossed.
The usual suspects are: MAP and MAF sensors. If you decide to change them remember they need a basic setting with VCDS. Not sure if both or just one of them.
Hi adidas
What kind of cleaner did you use?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I just had a 2nd look at my pictures.. It seems to be a gap in the box the MAP sensor is in. Could this actually be the root cause??

·
Registered
129 Posts
Differential pressure sensor can be also the culprit

I used this cleaner, but any airflow cleaner should work:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Error is back, but not MIL on dash. I think is triggered by going above certain RPM.
@dlysnes if you find a cure, leave a reply here. Thanks :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Guys, how is it going? Any further updates? I have changed both MAF sensors and EGR valves on my v8, but still receive both errors. It usuall takes 4-5 days for the errors to pup up, after I clean them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
No news, but also no warning anymore. I have not replaced any parts, yet. I wonder if the steaming I did actually did the trick, but that's in no way confirmed. Will do it again this summer.

Sent fra min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
A

Regards
Drag
Hi dragline1570. Actually, today I got a new error code. P0401 is gone, but I now got P040D Exhaust Gas Recirculation Temperature Sensor A Circuit High .
So, this indicates maybe a faulty sensor so I'll go ahead and order it. It's difficult to get the right one, though. Anyone knows which is the correcty sensor (part number) for CAS engine, 7p5 V6 3.0L TDI?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just a short update. After replacing egr temp sensor the P0401D is gone. I also did a dpf regeneration run (>2500 rpm, over 60km/h for 20 mins), and no traces of p0401, not even pending.
Hopefully won't see it again.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Just a short update. After replacing egr temp sensor the P0401D is gone. I also did a dpf regeneration run (>2500 rpm, over 60km/h for 20 mins), and no traces of p0401, not even pending.
Hopefully won't see it again.

Good result
Regards
Drag

21 - 39 of 39 Posts