Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had a McHitch for years. Also OZ made (Lithgow) and they have full articulation. They are the easiest of all hitches to hook up to. Have a look at their web site - they have videos showing how it all works.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had a McHitch for years. Also OZ made (Lithgow) and they have full articulation. They are the easiest of all hitches to hook up to. Have a look at their web site - they have videos showing how it all works.
Do you have a web site or contacts for OZ made (Lithgow)? Are they the people who fitted the McHitch?

·
Registered
2019 CR launch edition. Factory towbar
204 Posts
Very happy with my Mchitch

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,473 Posts
We have the McHitch also. I am now becoming very proficient with hitch/un-hitch procedure. And I find it much easier than a standard hitch, especially when hitching on my own.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Oz Glide has a twin shock setup incorporated in the hitch. I haven't seen anything like that in the McHitch . Is there something I'm missing?

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,473 Posts
The Oz Glide has a twin shock setup incorporated in the hitch. I haven't seen anything like that in the McHitch . Is there something I'm missing?
No...not at all.
There is a plethora of hitches available, each of them claim to do something better than (most) others.
My comment was to provide further feedback on the simplicity of the McHitch when it comes to coupling/de-coupling.
I am sure the Oz Glide has some worthwhile features as well. I chose the McHitch because I saw it in operation, a friend has one on his Touareg and it ticked all the boxes for me.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,473 Posts
Do you have a web site or contacts for OZ made (Lithgow)? Are they the people who fitted the McHitch?
what Bill was saying is that he has the Australian (OZ) made McHitch - manufacture din Lithgow NSW. Contact details are here McHitch Trailer Couplings

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No...not at all.
There is a plethora of hitches available, each of them claim to do something better than (most) others.
My comment was to provide further feedback on the simplicity of the McHitch when it comes to coupling/de-coupling.
I am sure the Oz Glide has some worthwhile features as well. I chose the McHitch because I saw it in operation, a friend has one on his Touareg and it ticked all the boxes for me.
Thanks Steve.

I haven't seen a bad review on the OZ Glide hitches. They were in discussions with Zone RV vans last Friday, but are also speaking to Jayco. They admit they spend nothing on advertising, which is why their brand is unfamiliar. He gave me the name of a Touareg owner who has had a Oz Guide fitted & their favourable recommendation. Their product is patented, however there is a similar product "Protector Hitch" out there which has breached their patent.

I spoke to them today, specificly comparing them with the McHitch. He didn't say anything bad about the McHitch, just that the Oz Glide was unique in having their own dampers in the hitch.

I have place an order & will have the OzGuide fitted early August. I'll post my thoughts on it after then.

·
Registered
2017 (MY2018) V6 TDI - Deep Black Pearlescent
350 Posts
@Steve_L the guy parked up next to me at Neergabby recently had an OZ glide on his Manhattan van / Touareg. He seemed happy with it.
(Sorry I cannot recall his name)

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,473 Posts
@Steve_L the guy parked up next to me at Neergabby recently had an OZ glide on his Manhattan van / Touareg. He seemed happy with it.
(Sorry I cannot recall his name)
yep...that was Rick ;)

Reactions: gatkins
1 - 12 of 12 Posts