Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 has the rns850 and premium 8 not dyna....anyone else feel it lacks volume? my 2011 jetta had premium 8 and had a higher output...is this normal or something im missing? ive tried the max volume adjust in the settings. It just seems to quiet

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also experienced the lack of volume/power with my 2012 Touareg with RNS850.I also have a 2013 Touareg with the Dynaudio system and the difference is enormous. I brought the car to the VW dealer for a check and they could not find any fault with the sound system. The conclusion is basically that RNS850 without Dynaudio is low on power.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah not what i wanted to hear..thanks

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is the dynaudio a different head unit? or is there a external amp on these? maybe i can get the better amp and gain something

·
Registered
848 Posts
The stock stereo is very weak. I doubt anything is wrong with it. I believe the head unit is the same, but there is an amplifier that is different. Would take considerable retrofitting because I think the Dynaudio channels are all individually amplified, as opposed to the system you have now, which are only 4 channels amplified. (The doors are each one channel with the stock system).

As an alternative, you can do what I did, and install a Match DSP/Amp, and it amplifies the stock system. It's all plug and play and is a good trade off to making significant modifications. Let me find the thread.

EDIT - Here's the link with all of the info: http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f45/to-those-looking-for-a-plug-and-play-audio-upgrade-base-audio-only-223154-8.html#post1440490

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you sir are a life saver...thank you VERY much

1 - 7 of 7 Posts