Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At random times my 04 V8 shows the outside temp as -49 (or some other wacky #) randomly. We're in Seattle so it never gets that cold and right now it's probably about 55. There's really no rhyme or reason when this happens but usually when I'm driving. It will normally go back to the correct outdoor temp after some time. Has anyone else experienced this problem and how do I fix it? Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Never experienced that issue. It has to be a ground issue or a sensor issue. I believe the sensor has only one wire attached and relies on its wount as a ground.

The sensors are pretty cheap if I remember right.

Mine quit working and I replaced the sensor before I realized that some other stuff wasn't working and it was due ti a bunch of wires chewed-up by mice.

If it were me, I would check the wire, mount and sensor for cleanliness and good connection. You only need to remove the grill to access.

Just as a reference, when the wire was completely severed I got a reading of --- degrees (three dashes and no number) so I don't think you are looking at loss of signal completely. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Just buy a new one ....the vehicle is 10 years old and the sensor if it really breaks your balls then you need to know what is going on

(bet your android phone {not an apple fan so F* them} can get a good app) to compare info

Sorry but you have all this list of wonderful machines .... this tells me you have deep pockets .... regardless of "totalled" and "sold"

Buy the bloody gauge !!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Probably a misspelling of "atheo" which is a factory Touareg wheel.

Volkswagen Wheel Database to the rescue!

·
Registered
261 Posts
9/10 times its not the sensor but the wires, check power and ground by turning the car on unplugging the sensor and with a voltage meter on DC volt settings touch the red and black leads to the female pins in the connector, you are looking for around 5v. +/- 0.5v

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts