Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
nervous....

Put a lot of time and energy into selecting my new SUV. Looked at the Cayenne, BMX x5 & x3, Infiniti FX35 and the Mercedes ML (forget the #)...

When all was said and done, I found that getting the T-reg V8 was the best value for me...I did not want to cough up the bucks for the Cayenne-S and just couldn't see the value in the V6...

Happy to see all the little extra features in the T-reg.....The Cayenne was so stripped down in comparison....

I've been on the Audiworld and TT Talk forums for the past 3 years (I'm coming out of a TT) and remember when I first got the TT and read the forum that I was concerned about the "problem posts"...I guess I'm sorta feeling the same way now....Seems many are reporting glitches...

Was wondering if you feel T-regs are very troublesome? Or if, as on the TT forum...we expected perfection from our $45,000 cars...and such kinda complained about each and every imperfection.

Thank you for your thoughts...

Happy to be here...

BTW, my colors are...Offroad Gray and Teak! :)

· Registered
2016 Touareg V6/Lux — 2006 Touareg V6 — 2013 Audi allroad
3,305 Posts
While I'm not speaking for all TOUAREG owners, I know I have very high expectations for the TOUAREG, but I also realize that a brand new vehicle with all kinds of technology in it is going to have a few bugs.

There are some problems I've read about that I was a little concerned about, but I think VW really wants to get these things fixed and keep customers happy (despite some comments that have bee put on this site).

It will be interesting to hear from '05 owners. If the same problems keep cropping up, then I think VW will have problems on its hands. We'll see.

· Registered
13 Posts
T.reg. was introduced in 2002

TREGinginCO said:
While I'm not speaking for all TOUAREG owners, I know I have very high expectations for the TOUAREG, but I also realize that a brand new vehicle with all kinds of technology in it is going to have a few bugs.

There are some problems I've read about that I was a little concerned about, but I think VW really wants to get these things fixed and keep customers happy (despite some comments that have bee put on this site).

It will be interesting to hear from '05 owners. If the same problems keep cropping up, then I think VW will have problems on its hands. We'll see.
I don't think the 2004 T.reg is new. It was introduced in Germany in 2002. Sincerely, Geir Friis

· Registered
27 Posts
You'll love it!!!

The Touareg is everything and more than I ever thought it would be. I'm glad to see someone did all that comparison shopping as we did -- and arrived at the correct decision.

One of the reasons why this car is so good is the technological advances - it is one complex piece of machinery!

We have 4000 miles on ours - we have had no major issues.

My only concern is with the dealer network. Even here in the StLouis metro area it is hit and miss. I just think VWOA was poorly prepared to service something so complex -- but that will get better!

I have noted a strong tone of negativity on the part of some people who have had significant problems....most of the really vocal are justified in their frustration as a few of the dealers and, apparently some of the players at VWOA, can only be described as "aloof" in their attitude toward customer service. We're all spending a big chunk of money here on a quality vehicle and we should get better than that.

I think you're gonna really like your Treg - we certainly do!

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Jeff and Gerry...I am so hoping that is the case..

Also, sometimes many of the issues seen on early production dates disappear as the problems surface. I feel this is working in my favor too.

I'd be curious to know if the glitches are more prevelant in the V6...V8...and whether or not later production cars are seeing fewer issues....

Time will tell...

Thanks again for your thoughts.

Kim

· Registered
55 Posts
I agree...

KimEgg said:
Also, sometimes many of the issues seen on early production dates disappear as the problems surface. I feel this is working in my favor too.
Hi Kim, another Kim here :). I believe just what you stated above--my Touareg is from a new shipment, post-price increase, and I have not experienced any glitches at all in my 3000 miles.
Congratulations and happy motoring!

· Registered
23 Posts
The problem VW is experiencing is the same thing Triumph went thru when they started back up in the motorcycle market. I bought a new Triumph and the parts network and the dealer network was not in place to service the bike. It was a very state of the art ,advanced bike comparing it to the competition. With that said, yes there were problems and yes there were the occasional "lemon" , but for the most part it was a great bike and very reliable. I believe VW will learn and is really concerned about getting it right. Good luck to all and lets give VW a chance to work out the bugs.

· Registered
53 Posts
Hi,

You have done a wise choice. :joy: :drunk: :clap:
My T-Rex will have 1 month tomorrow and with 5000 km already didnt show up any problems (well only one msg when I was doing OFF_road but never again show up). :dance:

its a 12/03 model...and if you want to see how it is Ogrey with teak looks like check my galerie... :evil_laugh:

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.