Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all from Chris at VW of Langhorne!

I just received the 2009 MY order guide for the 2009 VW Touareg V6 TDI due out in January 2009!

Allthough I have not received invoice pricing as of yet, the retail pricing looks very promising!

2009 VW Touareg V6 TDI
Base MSRP=$42800
Destination charge=$690

Lux Pkg=$2700

Tech Pkg=$3350

Lux Plus pkg=$5400

Rear locking Diff=$700

Trailer Hitch=$500

4 corner air suspension=$2750

I will update invoice pricing as soon as I get it!

Chris

P.S. If anyone wouild like to see the guide in a PDF file format, please email me!

Chris Farnham
[email protected]
215-741-4100

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
Looks like they priced it right...

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I agree! Just $2800 over a V6
I may be wrong, but I come up with $3500 difference between 3.6 and 3.0TDI.

Also, it seems the decontenting (or removal of options) and option shuffling continues. No 4-zone Climatronic or rear heated seats. But, the heated steering wheel appears to be standard across the board. Yet, you still have to order the Lux package to get the air suspension, i'd assume since that's the only way to get the auto-leveling AFS headlights since they aren't available á la carte. I'll also assume that it's a typo, and both the VR6 and V6 TDI need the package when ordering air suspension.

Not what I had hope (The M-B $1000 diesel upgrade would've been nice), but not as bad as I'd feared (basing out the same as a V8 ).

Matt

·
Registered
42 Posts
I may be wrong, but I come up with $3500 difference between 3.6 and 3.0TDI.

Also, it seems the decontenting (or removal of options) and option shuffling continues. No 4-zone Climatronic or rear heated seats. But, the heated steering wheel appears to be standard across the board. Yet, you still have to order the Lux package to get the air suspension, i'd assume since that's the only way to get the auto-leveling AFS headlights since they aren't available á la carte. I'll also assume that it's a typo, and both the VR6 and V6 TDI need the package when ordering air suspension.

Not what I had hope (The M-B $1000 diesel upgrade would've been nice), but not as bad as I'd feared (basing out the same as a V8 ).

Matt
Really only 2200 less than V8 if you include 19" wheels and lux pkg that comes standard w/ V8

·
Registered
839 Posts
Have you discussed TDI marketing strategy?

Hello Chris,

I know it's a little early and you said you don't have invoice pricing yet but has your dealership discussed its marketing strategy for the V6 TDI? I've talked to 3 different midwest dealerships about it and have gotten 3 different answers varying from working off of invoice, to demanding list, to demanding a premium over list [dream on!]. We do have relatives in your neck of the woods we wouldn't mind seeing. Needless to say, it would make a nice road trip.

thoughts appreciated,

Garth
[email protected] <= if you want to email me

·
Registered
41 Posts
Damn..... Now I need to put my beloved V6 guzzler in the back corner of the hangar :( and sign up for one of them diesels, YIPPIE!!!!!
Had driven the TDI already a couple of times in Germany as a rental car, suweat!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello Chris,

I know it's a little early and you said you don't have invoice pricing yet but has your dealership discussed its marketing strategy for the V6 TDI? I've talked to 3 different midwest dealerships about it and have gotten 3 different answers varying from working off of invoice, to demanding list, to demanding a premium over list [dream on!]. We do have relatives in your neck of the woods we wouldn't mind seeing. Needless to say, it would make a nice road trip.

thoughts appreciated,

Garth
[email protected] <= if you want to email me
Hey Garth,

Thank you for the opportunity to EARN your business!

I will send you my quote here on the open forum as I will put my deal out to everyone here on the Club.

Allthough I do not have the invoice pricing as of yet, my deal on ordered 2009 VW Touareg V6 TDI's will be just $700 over dealer invoice, $55 DOC fee, and NO OTHER BALONEY!

I will display the invoice as soon as I get the figures!

I would be happy to pick you up from Phila Int'l airport or to drive the vehicle to terminal for transport purposes!

My deposit structure will be just $100 until time that I can physically order the vehicle. I will then ask for $400 more to solitify the order!

The deposit is 100% refundable if something where to happen beyond control!

Thanks again for the opportunity!

Regards,Chris

Chris Farnham
[email protected]
215-741-4100

·
Registered
839 Posts
221HP or 240HP?

I noticed they're still quoting the 221HP TDI engine in this pricing. I thought VW had already gone to the 240HP TDI??

Anyone know the real story?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Bummer!

Ah, but I wonder if there's a nice little after market tweak to bring those ponies back to life?? :joy:

·
Registered
116 Posts
What sort of milage can you get with this engine?

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
You'll most likely see mid to high 20's on the highway.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
From what I read on VWVortex, I believe you can blame the US emissions requirements BS on costing the engine 19 horsepower in US form.

Matt
Yeah, thats probably right,,, and why its 221, not 240.

Oh well, I have the older V6 and thats around there.

So long as its not a dog on the accelerator.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
About this Discussion
60 Replies
20 Participants
13 year vet
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing