Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
When my Treg is already dirty preferably;)
Weekends are in short supply in the summer time with all I do with the kids and family, but going up the mountain other than solo sometime would be fun:D

Post some possible dates:cool:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Perhaps next Spring. I am routinely in the area visiting friends in Lake Forest and elsewhere in OC.

I have been up there a few times in April / May providing checkpoint support for mountain bike races. Its a relatively easy climb with a nice shelf road along the top. Not going to chance it during fire season with all those switchbacks.

·
Registered
325 Posts
That's a Monday eh? What kind of timeline are you thinking? I do work mondays but usually done early, like 2pm or so. We going all the way down the backside to Ortega or? I've always just gone up thru the Silverado gate and back out the same way after parking at the antenna arrays for a while.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The weekend would probably be better for most people, If you're able to do it on the Friday, Saturday or Sunday that would be great. (27-29) I was hoping to get up before the sun goes down but the night is fun too!

I have never gone any other way than Silverado. I traveled down the road from Ortega from the 1/2 way lookout (at least thats where I think it was) and turned around after we figured out it was the wrong way. It was very rocky.. Only thing that would worry me is slicing a tire as I don't have a full size spare.

Edit: I just realized that School starts on the 23rd. Weekdays will not work at all for me after then.. Doh!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm up to trek up there with you guys when ever. I always been up going through Silverado but not sure if the gates been open lately.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts