Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the thread title suggests, I'm looking to get a handle on what my car is currently worth. Looking on autotrader, cars.com, etc. prices seem to be all over the map. I purchased the car brand new and have owned it for the last 10 years, had all service work done at my local VW dealer, and the car currently has 95k miles and is in pretty nice shape for a car its age. The car is white/tan with the trailer hitch and roof rails. Any pricing guidance would be appreciated as I'm looking to get into something new.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Unfortunately your 06 is only worth what buyers are willing to pay... that is the million dollar question when it comes to selling anything and hitting the market at the right price will get it sold quickly and hopefully you won't get all the tire kickers bothering you.

If you haven't tried Truecar.com that may be helpful
https://www.truecar.com/used-cars-for-sale/

You get dealer listings from all over the country or just in your area, I would probably start at $1,500 or more below what a dealer is asking but it is your call.

·
Registered
112 Posts
As the thread title suggests, I'm looking to get a handle on what my car is currently worth. Looking on autotrader, cars.com, etc. prices seem to be all over the map. I purchased the car brand new and have owned it for the last 10 years, had all service work done at my local VW dealer, and the car currently has 95k miles and is in pretty nice shape for a car its age. The car is white/tan with the trailer hitch and roof rails. Any pricing guidance would be appreciated as I'm looking to get into something new.

Where are you located?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I would say its probably worth around $15k to a private party judging on what I have seen lately. I just got an 07 last week for 13k

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've been on the look out for a V10 and I have seen a few just under 100K for the $15-20K range. There are a few on auto trader that have been there for a while, I think they are asking too much. One of them is an 04 with 84K miles on it and they want over $29K for it.

I think it helps if you have a bit of a history for it. I know it helps me when I look at one, to see some of the work done. Especially since they have a few issues that can scare people away.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been on the look out for a V10 and I have seen a few just under 100K for the $15-20K range. There are a few on auto trader that have been there for a while, I think they are asking too much. One of them is an 04 with 84K miles on it and they want over $29K for it.

I think it helps if you have a bit of a history for it. I know it helps me when I look at one, to see some of the work done. Especially since they have a few issues that can scare people away.
I was thinking it should move quickly if I priced at the bottom end of that range. Thanks for the feedback. Asking price really does some to be all over the place.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Samn, if you decide to sell let me know. I'm on the look out for one. Most of the ones I've been looking at have been in the 90K-130K miles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Samn, if you decide to sell let me know. I'm on the look out for one. Most of the ones I've been looking at have been in the 90K-130K miles.
I haven't listed it anywhere but it is definitely available. I've owned it 10 years and it is time move on to something new. :grin2:

·
Registered
48 Posts
You're definitely a lot closer than to me than the others that are for sale. I have spent a few months on the site reading about and researching the V10. I would need to know more about yours though. I know that's dragging this post a bit off topic. I can send you my contact info if you don't want to post it here. Or when your're ready you can post up in the classifieds.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You're definitely a lot closer than to me than the others that are for sale. I have spent a few months on the site reading about and researching the V10. I would need to know more about yours though. I know that's dragging this post a bit off topic. I can send you my contact info if you don't want to post it here. Or when your're ready you can post up in the classifieds.
PM me and we can go from there. Cleveland is sub 3 hours so you should be even closer than that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts