Club Touareg Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yeah, but the adapter is less than $10 and doesn't cut into the factory wiring, which is never a good thing. And plugging in an adapter is no more work than flipping a switch.
But to each their own.

I've owned millions of dollars worth of equipment and cutting into wiring (even if you have the best intentions) always seems to come up faulty in the long run..especially in hostile northern climates. Soldering the wires and sealing with proper methods is the best.... but the cost is far more than the $10 trailer adapter.

Just a thought from the Great White North

·
Registered
20 Posts
So has anyone had any luck retrofitting this feature that does not come standard on my new VR6 Touareg?
I am quite keen on it and as there was only "one spec" available "retro upgrades" are likely my only option

·
Registered
3 Posts
So is it true? On a 2013 Exec can you open the tailgate with your foot as part of the keyless entry system? Mine does not seem to work.
I have a '17 Wolfsburg Ed.T-reg that the dealer said did NOT have that option - but it actually DOES! (Diff model/year w/ diff options, yes I get that).
I couldn't locate any specific doco that stated whether it was/wasn't installed on mine, just stated 'optional' - so I just kept trying. It took me several tries, but to my surprise eventually it did work - Maybe just need to keep trying??

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a '17 Wolfsburg Ed.T-reg that the dealer said did NOT have that option - but it actually DOES! (Diff model/year w/ diff options, yes I get that).
I couldn't locate any specific doco that stated whether it was/wasn't installed on mine, just stated 'optional' - so I just kept trying. It took me several tries, but to my surprise eventually it did work - Maybe just need to keep trying??
well I have a 2013 exec and it doesnt seems to work.

·
Registered
305 Posts
It’s easy ya just have to play around with it a bit and repeat. It’s not yur foot it’s yur ankle and careful ya don’t jam it on the hitch. Works every time for me good luck an arm full of skiis, groceries, bags from tru value it helps. All premium subs have this feature

·
Registered
500 Posts
So has anyone had any luck retrofitting this feature that does not come standard on my new VR6 Touareg?
I am quite keen on it and as there was only "one spec" available "retro upgrades" are likely my only option
I retrofitted this feature to my 2015.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts