Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 V6
Front windows go down/up with one touch. Back windows have to be held for movement both ways (annoying).
Anyway to make the rears at least one touch down?
I also noted that the windows don't descend with the key in the door like my Audi. The key will bring them up and close the sunroof if held in the lock position, but not down in the unlock position.
Not sure if this is how its supposed to be? Is there a setting I can change with VCDS?

·
Super Moderator
9,357 Posts
Normal for the rear windows, they are not one touch. Something is wrong with the lock in your door, they should open and close with turning the key in the door lock cylinder. Sunroof as you know only closes and will not open.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyway to code it for one touch?

·
Registered
15 Posts
so my front driver one -touch window won't close, it bounces back down 2/3rds the way down, if I hold the up button, after one or two tries finally shuts.
It's an adjustment to the range probably.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I wanted to report, on my 2011, both front and back windows are one touch.

I actually found this annoying, because I was trying to crack the windows has it was over 100 degrees a couple of days ago. I wish there was a single action to drop the windows half an inch, to let the car breath in hot weather.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've been looking for solutions to make my rear windows 1-touch since I bought my Touareg 1 year ago. I find it a huge pain in the ass to have to hold the windows switches up or down when wanting to fully open or close them. I crack the rear windows once in a while, but 95% of the time they are open they are all the way down.

I came across this thread on Passat World. Wondering if it would work on our Touaregs. http://www.passatworld.com/forums/b5-information-base/299554-advanced-modding-101-one-touch-up-down-rear-windows.html

Anyone know how I would go about what bits to modify with VCDS after the hardware changes have been made?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
It was a safety issue: children had been killed when their heads got trapped by one touch windows in the rear so they were designed so you couldn't do one touch.

Since the window only drops halfway anyway, personally I'd leave them as they are.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Do the rear windows not have the same resistance sensing that the fronts do? I've never tried... I assumed that was a requirement for all power window systems these days.

My last 2 audi's had 1-touch rear windows and neither of those rear windows went down completely flush to the sill either. (2005 A4 Avant and 2010 A4 Avant)

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
To my knowledge the rear windows do not have an auto reverse safety feature that the front with one touch up / down have. I believe this because on my 2007 (without factory shades) I can push and lock a shade onto the top of the Window for my daughter (they are pretty powerful too...don't get your finger in one).

My 2006 Jetta and 2010 Jetta both had one touch up / down in the rear. Both with auto reverse that was really annoying (because it did it often) Auto reverse also temporary disables auto up / down and you have to hold switch up for two full seconds to reprogram.

I do not know why VW didn't provide this on the Treg (apparently in certain older years too??). I see no law against one touch in an Internet search, only the switch design is to have a lever (versus toggle or rocker) and a driver controlled lock switch.

I guess it still beats having to stop, get out, walk around to the passenger side and hand roll it down. Something I will NEVER miss.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
Spiegelglatt
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing