Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For no apparent reason, my driver's side window developed this problem: When I roll the window up (goes down with no problem), as soon as it reaches its normal stopping point, it automatically rolls back down halfway. I then pull the button to roll it up and again, it will roll down halfway. Only on the third try will it remain up in fully closed position. I have checked the tracks to be sure nothing had become stuck in them and they are clear/unobstructed. I am hoping my fellow Touareg friends will have a suggestion to fix this. *I did try to roll window down completely and continue to hold button for five seconds, then roll up, but then it rolls back down halfway when it reaches the top. Any advice will greatly be appreciated!

·
Registered
20,262 Posts
Sounds like there is a safety pressure device kicking in when it shouldn't be.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Noobytoogy.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the information, Xeno555. I will keep that in mind if I have to make a trip to the dealer. Mine is a 2013 and I do not have keyholes to operate the windows and sunroof, as with earlier vehicles.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Xeno555, now that I have thought about it, something else happened about the same time. I drove over an unexpected pothole and the radio screeched static for about 5 seconds. The radio was replaced in my Touareg at 18K miles. I am at 37K now. I'm now wondering if there is a loose connection with the radio or a possible grounding issue, as you suggested. But would this affect my window? Electronics/electrical systems has never been my strong suit.

·
Registered
2006 V8 Touareg AIR, nav, hid
4,456 Posts
In the original T1 series, the one touch power windows is one of the few things that loses settings when the battery is disconnected. You can verify this. If you disconnect the battery, wait one minute, and reconnect, the T1 one touch power up does not work.

VW documentation says for the T1 to hold the switch on each window. Run it to the top. Stop. Hold the switch and run it back to the bottom. Stop.

Then test the window using the one touch by quickly pressing it for up (it should go all the way up and stop).

I have two theories on your window.

The window controller lost the stop point. Rather then thinking the window is at the top position, the controller thinks that it is hitting something trapped in the window. When this happens, the window will not just stop. The "pinch protection" reverses the window for a short distance to make sure the trapped item (such as your arm) is not stuck.

Something mechanical shifted inside the door and is messed up.

If this was my T1, I would reset the controller by unhooking the battery and then relearning the window stop points. I don't know if it applies to a 2013.

Hopefully some T3 owners can jump in and give opinions if the above still relates to the later models.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nickyt, I appreciate your thoughts and believe they are possibilities. I do not hope anybody else has had this problem, but if they have, I hope they see this thread. If I receive no other responses, I will certainly let everybody know what the dealership determines.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Thank you for the information, Xeno555. I will keep that in mind if I have to make a trip to the dealer. Mine is a 2013 and I do not have keyholes to operate the windows and sunroof, as with earlier vehicles.
Weird, mines 2014 and does. Under the cap. and one for glove box (which wont help). ;)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Mine has done this a couple of times, it needs to be reset. If I remember correctly, you need to hold the switch in the up position until the window is firmly seated as far up as it will go. (Or some variation of the above, it's been awhile). At first I thought mine was broken too. Edit, okay looking at the rest of the thread maybe you already tried it? Sure sounds like a reset issue.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Xeno555, my 2013 Lux has the keyfob ignition key and no keyholes anywhere on the outside of the vehicle to manually unlock/lock the Touareg. This is the first Volkswagen I have owned since 2000 which doesn't use door keys that also operate the windows and sunroof. I do miss that option. So your 2014 does have the keyholes in the door handles and operate the windows?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have fixed the problem! These are the steps I took:

1. Sat in the driver's seat and before I put the key in the ignition, I pulled the driver's window button up, held it for five seconds and then cranked the Touareg.

2. I continued to hold the power window button up for five seconds, then let go. I rolled the window all the way down (NOT using the one touch feature) and continued to hold the button down for at least five seconds after the window had reached the bottom and stopped.

Afterwards, the window began operating as it should. I am grateful to all who offered advice, especially the advice that fixed my problem.

Reactions: nickyt

·
Registered
377 Posts

1. Sat in the driver's seat and before I put the key in the ignition, I pulled the driver's window button up, held it for five seconds and then cranked the Touareg.

2. I continued to hold the power window button up for five seconds, then let go. I rolled the window all the way down (NOT using the one touch feature) and continued to hold the button down for at least five seconds after the window had reached the bottom and stopped.

Afterwards, the window began operating as it should. I am grateful to all who offered advice, especially the advice that fixed my problem.
Great... I don't think I had to go through all that, pretty sure I just had to hold the switch in the up position after the window was fully up.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
199 Posts

[/QUOTE

Well done and thank you. I believe my original issue came from the use of the key fob to auto close the windows with the key fob. Everything is back to normal now. Thanks again

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.