Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Been a VAG guy all my life. Been involved with them at various levels over the years. Recently moved to the PNW/Oregon and my heavily "changed" Audi A6 just won't cut the winters here. So last week I picked up a 2004 T1. I'll be hovering around for advice and input from you all as I have almost no knowledge of these machines beyond they're amazing.

Cheers..

Alex

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Welcome. Lots to read and learn about. Start browsing.

Reactions: AlexVAG

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankyou much. Being an ex pat Brit I'm used to the "weather" and when I was in the UK/Europe I always had Land Rovers. This time I decided to stick with the VAG family. It's a tank. Feels like a Phaeton with offroad capability.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Read this thread carefully to get up to speed on your old banger.

It will probably save you some dosh at some stage.

Toodle pip, old chap.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Congratulation on your new ride and I guarantee you that it will serve you a lot during the winter season.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Congratulation on your new ride and I guarantee you that it will serve you a lot during the winter season.
pip, old chap.

Congrats. Love the white. It's gonna be a long road but worth it! I've had Land/Ranges in the past, this truck is miles ahead of them

Toodle pip, old chap.

Good advice, thanks. Luckily I have a wizard who already looks after my Audi and he's already all over getting the white thing looked over. Really looking forward to finding out what this machine is capable of. Thanks again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats. Love the white. It's gonna be a long road but worth it! I've had Land/Ranges in the past, this truck is miles ahead of them
For sure the white was my first choice. It needs some work, but I'm not overly concerned. My Audi guy is well up to speed on them from the past. I think it's going to be a fun winter. It drives so well. I've had Defenders, Discoveries, 4Runners etc. I can already tell this thing is built to a different standard. It really does feel like a Phaeton that has been lifted for off road.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks much. Yeah it kinda needs to get me through winter as my Audi is definitely not the car for winter use, at least not anymore LOL.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Glad to have another dub head around and not another casual that just discovered Toaureg is 'a thing'

Reactions: Odessa

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glad to have another dub head around and not another casual that just discovered Toaureg is 'a thing'
Thanks much. Yeah they kinda get under your skin!!
I have to say I'm very impressed with the attention to detail on this machine.
My Audi is pretty much a unicorn and winter is no longer an option....if I want to stay alive and not get stuck. So the only option was a Touareg as the Porsche is way too pricey for me.

Looking forward to winter in this whale.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
986 Posts
For sure the white was my first choice. It needs some work, but I'm not overly concerned. My Audi guy is well up to speed on them from the past. I think it's going to be a fun winter. It drives so well. I've had Defenders, Discoveries, 4Runners etc. I can already tell this thing is built to a different standard. It really does feel like a Phaeton that has been lifted for off road.
I miss my Discovery sometimes, I had two of them. My First one was completely horrible, my second one was a dream. Many memories, would never go back though...

What kinda Audi do you have? I have 3 Audi's right now in my fleet.
I've taken my Touareg everywhere. From Deep snow, to the beach to mud puddles. I'm not light on my truck. I should be but can't let life pass you by.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I had a discovery se7. Very cool ride. Tons of fun off-road. Had that thing on 2 wheels more times than I can remember. Love my Touareg more.

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
986 Posts
I had a discovery se7. Very cool ride. Tons of fun off-road. Had that thing on 2 wheels more times than I can remember. Love my Touareg more.
Really? I find that super funny that we all had Discovery's. I never took mine off road, It did get me through Hurricane Sandy went through super super deep water no issue.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah guys. Had two Discos. First was a manual TD, absolute beast. Did my off road driving course with LR back in the day. 2nd was a fancy V8 auto with all the Connolly, Whiltern stuff. It was too much of a car to really take on anything nasty. The T'reg is a monster machine. I'm driving it daily right now, even only a week in. The Audi is retired for a few months other than dry days here and there when it can be driven properly.
T'reg has usual drain leaks, front bushings are getting old and front diff is a little noisy. Put a new battery in it day one. Changed the oil and all filters. Got blower motor coming this week along with Bluetooth stuff. So far I love it.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Thankyou much. Being an ex pat Brit I'm used to the "weather" and when I was in the UK/Europe I always had Land Rovers. This time I decided to stick with the VAG family. It's a tank. Feels like a Phaeton with offroad capability.
that's exactly what it is !!!

and that B&W photo of a white treg looks amazing !!!. Not really into pics much but that is smooth :giggle: :giggle: ;)

Reactions: AlexVAG
1 - 20 of 43 Posts