Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,817 Posts
how hard was it to blank the Egr?

did you need to remap or retune?
Remapping for EGR delete on early V10's is not required. Simply plate off the EGR pipe.

Stuart...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also blanking of just the hotside was required as flipping the throttle bodies and using short bolts allows you to remove the cold side all together, as well as my fancy notching of the engine cover.

·
Registered
176 Posts
So all you did was take out the egr valve on the intakes, blanked off the pipes that ran to the valve, and then put the throttle bodies back on with shorter bolts? Also, what do you mean by "flipping" the throttle bodies? Did you put them back on the opposite side from the side they originally were on? Thanks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Super cool! It took me a minute to realize but you actually removed everything. nice. So you flipped them because the motors interfere with the engine i am guessing since they now sit closer to the intake manifold.

Bravo. A+ for ingenuity. Now get some catch cans on that ccv tube and you should keep those intakes pretty clean.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I love the new wheels.
So how hard was it to remove the cats and flex pipe assemblies? I see that you removed all of that with the DPF's as a single piece.
Or did you just put them back together for the picture? I am interested in doing something similar and am wondering how hard it is going to be to remove all of that stuff.

Thank you.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Each side came out as a single piece, i believe they dropped the tranny crossmember a bit for easier removal and installation.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts