·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I've got this annoying error every time I start the car, the scanner gives me
Sensor for Oil Level/Temperature (G266)
010 - Open or Short to Plus

I've changed the sensor 2 times (one aftermarket, one oem), measured the wires ground is ok, 12v is ok and 10v on the signal wire.
wires.JPG
Are there any usual places that the wires fail?
J628 is the connector for the ECU?
One thing I want to try is bypass the signal wire direct from the sensor to the last connector and see if it helps.
Thank you!
Forgot - Touareg V10 2005

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Check all the connectors, sometimes they get damaged. At VW, Quality Control was never job 1.

After that, it is time to check the wiring.

The last possibility is that the control module the oil sensor reports to is damaged. It has happened.

VAG Error Code: 00562

Fault Location:
Sensor for Oil Level/Oil Temperature (G266) - Open Circuit/Short Circuit to Earth/Positive/Implausible Signal

Possible Cause:
Fuse(s).
Open circuit in wiring or short circuit to positive or to earth in the cable connection between Oil Level/Oil Temperature Sensor (G266) and the dash panel insert.
Oil Level/Oil Temperature Sensor (G266) defect upon switching on the ignition the yellow warning light for the oil level blinks.

Possible Solutions:
Check/Replace Fuse(s).
Check/Replace all faulty Wiring/Connector(s).
Current Flow Diagrams, Electrical Fault Finding and Fitting Locations.
Read Measuring Value Blocks (MVB).
Check/Replace Oil Level/Oil Temperature Sensor (G266).

Special Notes:
Implausible signal sets when the Engine Control Module (ECM) has detected a signal from the Oil Level and Oil Temperature Sender (G266) that is not possible for longer than approximately 255 seconds.

Check and verify the Oil Level and Oil Temperature Sender (G266) is getting the key-on battery voltage from Pin-1 and the battery/engine ground from Pin-2. Pin-3 is the signal wire that goes to the Instrument Cluster Control Module (J285).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the great response
Open circuit in wiring or short circuit to positive or to earth in the cable connection between Oil Level/Oil Temperature Sensor (G266) and the dash panel insert.
does it refer to the dashboard?(behind the dashboard)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts