Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got information on how you remove intake manifold on 2008 vw Touareg 4.2 fsi v8
Do you have to remove the Throttle body from intake before you can lift intake manifold out

·
Registered
635 Posts
Had mine off on both vehicles multiple times for a variety of reasons including yours, throttle body stays attached to manifold. You lift from the front first and rotate the right side up and it snakes out. If you PM me I'll give you my # and walk you thru the process.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mtnride
Thank you so much I almost gave up couldnt find any video on how to take it off Found a few on how to clean the valves. I will give that a try I’m at the point of taking the air intake clamp of then all I have to do is undo the 10 bolts which hold it down. Maybe a few hoses I missed If I run into trouble I’ll certainly reach out to you
Really appreciate your knowlege

·
Registered
635 Posts
No problem, when taking out manifold bolts repair manual states to start in the middle alternating to front and back on the rest of the bolts and reinstall in reverse. Take off engine hooks front and back also. Glad to help any way I can.I
Mtnride

·
Registered
635 Posts
In the search box, type 2007 4.2 FSI oil leak sources. Post # 59 lists parts and part #'s you should have and replace while your in there and of course you should probably do a carbon clean also.😲

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mtnride Would you happen to know where the oil pressure sensor is as it’s suggested to change o ring

·
Registered
635 Posts
Just under the manifold in front of engine drivers side. If you look between the engine block and manifold ( probably where the oil is coming out of the valley) you'll see a wire going into the valley and if I remember correctly you might be able to see the sensor also

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mtnride I’m new to clubtouareg lve owned my 2008 for 5 years of course had some issues some real beauties
One I have now is the jack position light is on Do you know if that’s one of the levelling sensors causing that if so which one

·
Registered
635 Posts
You'll have to get a VCDS scan, it's supposed to go off when you start driving but you have tried the Jack mode button hopefully, maybe something got spilled there and the button is stuck or not disengaging

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mtnride
I managed to get intake manifold off exactly the at you said I already had all the gasgets and have changed them. The only part I didn’t have is the oil pressure sensor. Would you change it while I have this apart

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mtnride
I checked my button for jack mode it’s functional no sticking.
I will look into this in more depth when I finished my intake but thanks for input

·
Registered
635 Posts
It's just one of those items that's not that expensive to replace while the manifold is off. Kind of a PIA to get in there but once you've done it once it's not so bad the next time around. How did the carbon build up look?

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually I’m really surprised for a engine that has 200,000 km there not bad at all. Does that plate which divides each intake port come out easy as it will be make it easier to clean with it out. I tried pulling them but they seem to be in real tight

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I saw a video with a vacuum and a sand blaster hooked up to the port using walnut shells it cleaned each port in 2 minutes There was a little mess but did a nice job of cleaning
Hats your thoughts on that method

·
Registered
635 Posts
Yes dividers pull straight up and out. If I do the carbon clean again I would use the single port unit to do it. When I did it I scraped what I could and blasted with walnut shells, engine covered as well I could, blaster in one hand and shop vac in the other, Huge mess but the ports where clean when I was done

·
Registered
635 Posts
IMG_1894.jpg

Port divider before cleaning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
635 Posts
IMG_1388.jpg

After cleaning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk