Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Over the last couple weeks, I've noticed some dampness due to an oil leak somewhere near the front of my 2007 V8 FSI engine. I cleaned the area as best I could last night and after driving today, I believe I've found the location of the leak, but I have no idea what i'm looking at! :confused:

Best I can do is show you guys these pics. The first one is looking from afar, you can see i've removed the front top black cover and circled the location of where I see the oil first pool up. The second pic is slightly more zoomed up and the last pick shows a small hole about 0.5" in diameter where I believe the oil is coming out of and pooling in the area circled in red in the first 2 pics. I stuck a screwdriver in there and can splash some oil out of there. Do you guys know if there should be a cover over this hole or something? or why there is oil in this area?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Hopefully you figured this out by now but if not the leak is coming through the valley. At the bottom of the oil filter housing tube there is a seal that is known to leak on this engine. You have to take the manifold off to replace it. If you look on the parts diagram for oil filter you will see the gasket. It looks like a number 8 just sideways. Hope this helps you. I'm trying to track down a tiny oil leak myself on my 2008 V8.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My '04 V8 has oil leak on passenger side of engine. Two competent mechanics say leak is from oil filter housing o rings @ attachment to block & oil cooler gasket. To fix, engine must be removed. If starter motor fails, engine also must be pulled to replace. No consideration for future repairs was made by engineers in designing this layout.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Look at my other thread I post in. 4.2 FSI oil leak. It's not the engine. It's removing top of manifold. I assume your older style v8 is similar setup for oil filter but engine doesn't need removed.

Reactions: tombos
1 - 4 of 4 Posts