Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried searching for the torque values for the VR6 (2013) oil drain plug and the filter housing to no avail. One post said 50nm but someone wrote back and thought it was 50 foot pounds, so no definate answer. I have yet to remove the belly pan (my first oil change) so I don't know if the plug is the 6mm allen or a regular hex.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've got a 3.0 TDI and it's 50 Nm which is 38 ft/lbs. I know you have the FSI but I'm willing to bet it's the same. 50 ft/lbs is a lot of force for an aluminum oil pan.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Does anyone know what the torque value is for the filter housing or is it "hand tight"?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just finished my first oil change on my 2013 3.6lt Treg. A couple comments:

-As previously posted, the 3.6lt takes 7.3 qts of oil, not 6.6qts as stated in owners manual.
- The torque value for the oil filter housing is indeed on the housing, nice (unlike Mk 4 TDI's)
- Even though all previous oil changes were performed at the dealer, the filter housing 6mm allen drain plug was totally stripped. Boy was that a mess pulling that oil cartridge off full of oil.
- The 19mm drain plug had rounded corners such that an 18mm socket (suprised I had one) fit perfectly. I'll see if I can find a magnetic replacement.

·
Registered
29 Posts
what oil do you use for the 3.6 FSI. Wanna do my first oil change on the Treg after VW Service asks for about $250 to get it done.

Is the Castrol 5W40 something to consider?
Do you have Filter partnumber?

Thanks!!!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used Castrol 5W-40w Syntec since it meets VW 502 spec and it's available at Advance Auto and is on sale every so often. The filter I got from VW since (drum roll please) they were the cheapest at $8.09, partnumber 03H115562. Good luck with the oil change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
13th VW
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing