Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Truck Haven

It's down in Indio, by the Salten Sea. I'm looking up directions now, will post as soon as I can. We will likely be going out Friday night to pitch the tent and setup the Rialta (Mobile Command Center). If you want to come out for Just Saturday, that's cool, or camp out. Either way is fine :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still working on confirmation, but it looks like it's:

10 East to Indio
86 South (West Side Salton Sea Highway)
Exit Marina in Truckhaven.
Take Marina West and look for campsite. Everything around there is all OHV. Dirt Trails, Sand Dunes, Wash's, Hills, you name it :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello every one, :wave: I hope to see some of you out for this run. the weather will be a high of 90 for all three days and a low of 55 I am sure it will be a blast. For those of you that have never been out to this area before you will be definitly suprised on how much stuff there is to test your truck on there is everything from graded dirt roads to Jeep or in here Toreg swallowing washes. There is some thing for everyone. When you get to a hard spot there is almost always a way around. So any how I hope to see more that one out there for the weekend having fun in the sun :joy:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What a fun place to hang out!

What a BLAST! OK, so once again, they got me to go places I really didn't want to go. Let's just say the pics which will be on my server in the next couple of days are going to KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF! Lots of three and two wheel action. I never will get over how the Treg can be up on two wheels and still go straight forward! I can tell you that I am now activly looking for the setup the Pepper has to disconnect the sway bars from the cabin with :) Yes, there was THAT MUCH NEED for articulation.

Got one good scuff on the Drivers side rear fender :censored: that mostly polished out. Nice thing about running down sandstone trails

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mike said:
pics pics pics please

i missed the trip due to work =(
OK, work is allowed. Will be posting pics on my web site, but talk about work! We been outsourced and I'm changing companies now. May be a bit, but you will go GAGA over them. Send me an email if you want a sampling. They be big though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts