Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Learner
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit of an antidote given the covid times so thought of sharing my experience and offroad review of the 2020 Touareg.
Few weeks ago, before the covid lock down, participated in a rally covering 500kms of off road tracks around the country and I loved it!
About 15 other various vehicles, tracks were all offroad - similar to world rally championship ;) and some sections of slow steep off road ascents and descents. All in a day.

Having owned three Touaregs this is the best in terms of suspension, steering, offroad comfort, cornering in slippery uneven, dusty, etc conditions. Clearance is less than before, not that it proved to be an issue.
The 48v suspension with active roll stabilizers is bloody awesome. Four wheel steering is cool, makes turning at slow bends and at high speeds very accurate.
The ECS & TCS have been improved so much to help keep it going where you point the steering, some of those corners were very slippery at those speeds! And good to have them individually controlled.
Superb seating with heating/cooling and with the awesome suspension made it a bliss. pretty cool being in a rally whilst having your back massaged :)
Despite following other cars in extreme dust there was no sign inside at all so the seals and air conditioning did well.
Brakes, transmission mostly in Sport did a great job.
The matrix headlights are awesome again, love it how everything around the car up ahead is lit up but the car itself.

Easily went up and down the steep sections without any hesitation. Got home in one piece unscathed after a great day of rallying, my first ever.

And of course, everyone wondered, whats this guy doing here in a Touareg!!

Great job vw!

Heres the video and some pictures. Cant wait to be out again across the australian outback again soon!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Wow - Wee !!.... Feeling now like im missing something as an adult ..... All i remember is having fun as a kid !!!

·
Learner
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow - Wee !!.... Feeling now like im missing something as an adult ..... All i remember is having fun as a kid !!!
It was fun, intend on participating in such events more in future.
All that and not a single squeak or rattle either btw.
Love it how it goes through corners so well, hope owners get to use and experience what this model really offers 🙂

·
Registered
21 Posts
Very cooool! But do you actually own the Treg? I'd be sh$%ting myself throwing a $100k car around!!! Maybe in a few years when the cars got a few rough edges on it?

·
Learner
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very cooool! But do you actually own the Treg? I'd be sh$%ting myself throwing a $100k car around!!! Maybe in a few years when the cars got a few rough edges on it?
I took my first touareg off road on low range off road tracks when i bought it brand new in 2004, it had 3000kms on it, same for my v10 and again on the v8 rline, i buy my touaregs to make use of it, more off than on road :)

as for the cr i await the release of the v8 tdi, until then i have a loaner to enjoy :) now dont ask who from :)

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Yup there to be used. Same as the G-Wagen ... which God love it comes standard for many years with a wad of diffs

·
Learner
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup there to be used. Same as the G-Wagen ... which God love it comes standard for many years with a wad of diffs
the boxy shape has never appealed to me....the new defender isnt looking bad though

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
the boxy shape has never appealed to me....the new defender isnt looking bad though
Yeah always liked the original utilitarian look of the original. When i see the new ones on the road these days i just shudder

·
Learner
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah always liked the original utilitarian look of the original. When i see the new ones on the road these days i just shudder
I quite like the new one that is being released in August, wouldn't mind having one

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
O !!! ... everytime i see the day running lights on the present models i feel nauseous :sick::sick: ... not sure of next year model coming out

Love the old school G-Wagen

Capturebbbbb.JPG

these babies make me green

Capturebbbbb.JPG

Off road ability NEUTERED !!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts