Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2014 R-Line VR6 now for 3-4 months but I wanted to relay a bad assumption I was making that I just realized was in error. I have a pretty long driveway and I noticed the display said I was "Offroad" when I was sitting in my garage the first day after I bought it. I looked and the selector was in the On Road position and I kept playing with it to no avail - still said it was in the Off Road mode. I figured I had a bad indicator and thought I'd have it looked at when I bring it in for the first oil change. Only now did I realize I was looking at the Nav info screen and it didn't recognize where I was at so it said I was "Off Road." I now realize that as soon as I drive off my driveway onto a real road it says the name of the road. I might be the only dimwit who thought he or she had a problem with this but....you just never know so I thought I'd post this to possibly help another newbie down the road. Love my Touareg so far although it does seem to enjoy gas a bit more than I'd hoped.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yup, it just means the area you are in is not in the database. You may get it in shopping malls and business parks as well. If you enter a destination it doesn't have info for (usually by GPS) it will say "The destination is not on a digitized street" or words to that effect.
You'll struggle getting the EPA rated figures in the VR6 Touareg. I don't think I ever saw better than 19 hand calculated in mine. Sounds really good in S mode though :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts