Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across an article today it was a review of the 2007 Touareg on CNET. The article talks about off-road mode in RNS2 navigation system, here's a picture.

image-3763637776.jpg

Has anyone been able to access this menu?

I don't have vehicle or manual with me.

·
Registered
196 Posts
That screen is called the "Position Display" on our 04. You access it from the info button, or from one of the soft buttons on the nav's map display.

-J

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perry, When you are in the "map" screen press the compass rose button. Let me know if you want screen shots.
Yea a screen shot would be helpful. I don't have my Touareg with me but I'm trying to determine what the rose compass button is.

image-3878796981.jpg

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great, thanks a lot. I'll have to give it a try tomorrow when I get home although I don't recall having that menu on the right side of the display map.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
And for some reason, you MUST have the Nav DVD in the CD player. It will not work without it. Even if you are on that screen already, you can't eject the DVD. :- (

None of that info is stuff I couldn't get via the MFD or a GPS, but I think it's cool to have all on one screen! One reason I won't be getting rid of the OE head unit.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Very handy for giving location and where your wheels are pointing.
Also there is also a "off-road" mode in the Navi, push destination then "off-road"

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, that was easy, I can't believe I didn't learn of this Nav feature a long time ago. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
9,562 Posts
Wow, that was easy, I can't believe I didn't learn of this Nav feature a long time ago. Thanks.
The one thing nice about the RNS 510 and the MFI is the wheel part of that screen is actually in the MFI in my Treg. No need to look right to see it. So in a sense I have all of that info as well, just at different locations. I thought you could just change a setting to get it and not have to worry about a DVD, but I never had a regular RNS unit.

·
Super Moderator
9,562 Posts
I would like lat/long and elevation from the RNS 510 though, just because :)
It has that built into it. Or do you not have an RNS 510?

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have a RNS 510, latest firmware it will support, but haven't seen how to display the lat/long or alt.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Hey i have that off road display on all the time, i love the way it looks and all my passengers are impressed with how many cool stuff it shows :) especially my colleagues when they see the " heading" displayed in degrees all of them are saying that touareg is more an airplane than a car :)

·
Super Moderator
9,562 Posts
I have a RNS 510, latest firmware it will support, but haven't seen how to display the lat/long or alt.
Go into Nav and select position. Should give you all that info.

Reactions: MJHandy

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The one thing nice about the RNS 510 and the MFI is the wheel part of that screen is actually in the MFI in my Treg. No need to look right to see it. So in a sense I have all of that info as well, just at different locations. I thought you could just change a setting to get it and not have to worry about a DVD, but I never had a regular RNS unit.
It's in the MFI with RNS2 as well

image-1593313205.jpg

·
Super Moderator
9,562 Posts
It's in the MFI with RNS2 as well

View attachment 133937
I'm guessing because you have the same MFI I do. I don't know if that existed in the previous gens with the RNS. I did not have Nav in my 04 and I definitely did not have that in my generic red screen when in low range.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts