Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good! I remember your Touareg in that other post about satin black pike peaks. Are those powder coated or painted?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What do you think about painting the roof racks black?
I have been thinking of doing that myself! I bought some plastidip to try it, but might go without the racks and just the spoiler I picked up today while it is on clearance still from VW.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Gentlemen, i might go against majority, but here is my opinion. I believe that Tregs are exceptional when it comes to its design. All i foresee is to tint a front windows to match back ones. Oh, and great looking rims are always a plus, although i love my stock ones ( 19"). Please, do not take it offensively, but most extra additions to Touareg, in my eyes, makes it look ... less expensive.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gentlemen, i might go against majority, but here is my opinion. I believe that Tregs are exceptional when it comes to its design. All i foresee is to tint a front windows to match back ones. Oh, and great looking rims are always a plus, although i love my stock ones ( 19"). Please, do not take it offensively, but most extra additions to Touareg, in my eyes, makes it look ... less expensive.
I'm one that goes for the OEM+ kinda look too. Since my Touareg had the green tint I got the color matched tint and looking for some different wheels since the 18's I have are a little beat up from previous owner. Looking only at OEM wheels and pike peaks are my favorite at this point.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm one that goes for the OEM+ kinda look too. Since my Touareg had the green tint I got the color matched tint and looking for some different wheels since the 18's I have are a little beat up from previous owner. Looking only at OEM wheels and pike peaks are my favorite at this point.
Yep, stock only!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Stock....i think not ;)

Although in the winter, i put my stock Pikes Peak wheels w/ Blizzaks back on.
To be honest, i like going back and forth - 'mean' in the summer to 'stock' in the winter.

Click on my profile picture to the left to see my vehicle as stock before i drove it off the lot.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
You might fing this site offerings acceptable:
| Alloy Car Wheels | Car Wheels | Automotive Wheels | Auto wheels

but looks like they don't have pike peaks you're after...

·
Banned
3,336 Posts
Wow, how did I miss this post? +2... probably will only get the front windows tinted on the silver 2013 to match the rears. Didn't even notice it had been done on my 2012 until I got my 2013. Guess the dealership threw it in there and I never even knew it or noticed, how seamless and factory it looked.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So what do you think of the new wheels? I got them a guy at work for $300 with the tires. I know it isn't the best photo, but matched tint and removed roof rails.

image-1067662872.jpg

1 - 20 of 118 Posts