Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have been asked countless time before but I am looking for recommendations for off-road wheel/tire package. By off-road I mean, beach days and light car camping. Nothing really overland-ish.

My Treg came with an aftermarket wheel/tire package from the dealer. 22 inch Niche INTAKE - M159 with some 'ironman' tires. They are okay for driving around town but would like to have a spare set to change out on weekend trips to the beach or car camping at state parks.

·
Registered
347 Posts
love my bfg k02s...very capable and quite and look very nice...wear is great i still have lots left after 60,000 miles

·
Registered
172 Posts
This may have been asked countless time before but I am looking for recommendations for off-road wheel/tire package. By off-road I mean, beach days and light car camping. Nothing really overland-ish.

My Treg came with an aftermarket wheel/tire package from the dealer. 22 inch Niche INTAKE - M159 with some 'ironman' tires. They are okay for driving around town but would like to have a spare set to change out on weekend trips to the beach or car camping at state parks.

To add to Mark’s comment. Although, I’ve never run them on my truck I feel confident in saying the KO2s are the best A/T tire on the market.

With that said, Wayne, I do run Toyo Open Country A/T2s. And, I would say they’re a solid #2.

There is a thread here somewhere, Wayne, that shows max tire size for your model. There is a ton of info on the topic along with the sizes. I’m sure it will greatly help you arrive at precisely the set of rolling stock you desire.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
347 Posts
To add to Mark’s comment. Although, I’ve never run them on my truck I feel confident in saying the KO2s are the best A/T tire on the market.

With that said, Wayne, I do run Toyo Open Country A/T2s. And, I would say they’re a solid #2.

There is a thread here somewhere, Wayne, that shows max tire size for your model. There is a ton of info on the topic along with the sizes. I’m sure it will greatly help you arrive at precisely the set of rolling stock you desire.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I really wanted toyos but in canada they are significantly more then bfgs...and i like the snowflake rating which is good for me, they are very good in winter too

·
Registered
63 Posts
I recently purchased Falken Wildpeak AT3's (265/60r18) and so far so good. Price on these are great (I paid around $160 per tire) and the reviews are great too. BFG KO2's would've been awesome but the price was way to high than I wanted to spend. I would've love to buy new wheels but nothing caught my eye during my searches.

Good luck and let us know which combo you end up with. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts