Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody going to this? It's being offered to the Bert Smith dealership's customers. Hey, it's free and looks like fun. Unfortunately there's no online sign up to send you to or I'd post it. I believe this is open to BMW X5, Cayenne, Touareg drivers and some type of Subarus too. I can't imagine what Subaru car would keep up with a tall truck. Nonetheless, I'll post pix when I get back!
Cheers

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Just a bit far for me, but do us Touareg owners proud! Sounds like fun!

What style of offroading is found there?

Do post pix!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking it's a few mud baths, water crossings, sand pits and single track.
I wish there were more opportunities like these around the state. I'd be all over them.

I'll definitely post pix or at least a link to a bunch on Sunday.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As promised, here is a link to the pictures from the event.
Bert Smith Offroad Rally

Enjoy and if you were at the event and don't see your pic up, let me know and I'll post it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, and one of my favorite was the loaded Cayenne getting towed out by the base model Hummer H3. That burned the Cayenne owner's chops. He was so pissed somebody was pulling him out.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Oh, and one of my favorite was the loaded Cayenne getting towed out by the base model Hummer H3. That burned the Cayenne owner's chops. He was so pissed somebody was pulling him out.
I got $5 on he left ESP turned on...

Matt

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He left ESP on, didn't put it in 4wd Low / lock diffs. He kept saying "I can't believe I made it this far in two wheel drive". Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Cayenne AWD by default with a similar switch to the Reg to put it in 4WD/L? The best part is that he kept yelling at the spotters that he'd get it out himself. I think we should have driven on. :eek:)

·
Super Moderator
9,368 Posts
He left ESP on, didn't put it in 4wd Low / lock diffs. He kept saying "I can't believe I made it this far in two wheel drive". Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Cayenne AWD by default with a similar switch to the Reg to put it in 4WD/L? The best part is that he kept yelling at the spotters that he'd get it out himself. I think we should have driven on. :eek:)
The Cayenne has the same system as the Treg, so no there is no 2wd mode. He obviously had no clue what so ever.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts