Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter is coming up north and I'm looking for a set of OEM winter wheels (with or without winter tires).

Ideally want them shipped to Canada - I don't think it has to be all that difficult but if it's a major problem, I could arrange to pickup from a UPS Store in New York State.

Let me know what you've got!

Thanks

·
Registered
437 Posts
I still have this set for sale:

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f47/nokian-wrg3-tires-with-black-machined-rims-like-new-204001.html

I sold both my Touaregs last year and still have these in the basement. The rims are made by Borbet in Germany....same folks that make the VW & Porsche rims.
Each tire/wheel combo weighs 65 lbs and I'm shipping from ZIP 53715.

So I checked shipping UPS Ground from ZIP 53715, Madison WI to Upstate New York ZIP 12919 (Champlain area because I didn't know where you wanted to pick up).
It'd have 4 packages 30"X30"X11" weighing 65lbs each and the cost was $249.12 USD

Also, we can check with the CT member named "madyspop" for shipping. He claims to have better rates than regular UPS and such.

I did not check shipping to Canada as I did not have your city or shipping info. However, when I sold a Boss plow mount to a guy in Canada one time, the shipping was like double. So I shipped it to the Border store in Northern Minnesota and he drove down to pick it up from Thunder Bay.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Terapin but they're a bit pricier than I'm looking for, especially with the exchange rate. Also I want proper winter tires, not all-seasons, sorry.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I understand the exchange rate thing...But if you think that for one minute that Nokian WRG-3's are not proper winter tires, then you are too naive to own them. They are one of the best and highest rated winter tires in the world.

Good luck in your search for proper winter tires if you exclude the Nokian's

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand the exchange rate thing...But if you think that for one minute that Nokian WRG-3's are not proper winter tires, then you are too naive to own them. They are one of the best and highest rated winter tires in the world.

Good luck in your search for proper winter tires if you exclude the Nokian's
Dude, I have an opinion, it's different from yours, deal with it. I thanked you and was polite, you in turn prod me here and then not content with that, wait 20 mins and PM calling me a moron and spouting vitriol:

So I see you are new to the Forum...and I restrained myself from calling you a complete Moron in public for saying that the Nokian WRG-3 is not a proper winter tire.......when in fact it's the best winter tire in the world. It's won countless Winter tire contests across Europe. Nokian Pioneered the Winter Tire market. etc, etc.

Seriously?

Did you know that you can Google them to help educate yourself before you embarrass yourself even more on the forum?

Go ahead and buy some Tire Rack crap for less...like the ****ty Blizzak's or some other low performance crap that lasts 1/2 as long with lower performance...oh, and you cannot run them in summer either.

Being in Canada, with long Winter, and rain, slush, and crap, you should be shopping for the WRG-3 to run all year long. That's all I run on my vehicles now living in Wisconsin. No more 2 sets of summer & winter tires. Only one set of Nokians does the trick.
Got WRG-2's and WRG-3 on all my vehicles now after spending over $125,000 in testing tires the last 10 years in our fleet. So go ahead buy some real proper tires and let me know how they work out for you.
I assume you just got out of bed the wrong side today and forgot your manners and etiquette. I can assure you I've likely used the internet a hell of a lot longer than you, I ran Nokian Hakkas on my last car and loved them but I did Google and opinions are divided one these ones; I don't however need your approval for my opinion, nor am I bothered by a troll like you calling me a moron "in public" - I'm a big boy and I recognize the behaviour for what it is.

Maybe take it somewhere else the next time you need to vent - these forums are generally full of good folks, there's no need to be a dick unless you're responding in kind.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Dude, I have an opinion, it's different from yours, deal with it. I thanked you and was polite, you in turn prod me here and then not content with that, wait 20 mins and PM calling me a moron and spouting vitriol:

I assume you just got out of bed the wrong side today and forgot your manners and etiquette. I can assure you I've likely used the internet a hell of a lot longer than you, I ran Nokian Hakkas on my last car and loved them but I did Google and opinions are divided one these ones; I don't however need your approval for my opinion, nor am I bothered by a troll like you calling me a moron "in public" - I'm a big boy and I recognize the behaviour for what it is.

Maybe take it somewhere else the next time you need to vent - these forums are generally full of good folks, there's no need to be a dick unless you're responding in kind.
Nice call out. No need for that.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Could be worse simple PM apology is good for me. There is a few sets on chicago craigslist which look real nice for like 650-800 bucks. The nokian setup this gent has listed seem fairly priced but snows are a 4 month need I can see the need for a budget set.

·
Registered
94 Posts
got a set of 19 terra wheels in boxes ready to ship. $200 + shipping. For Canada you have to worry about an additional import tax. Let me know if you are interested.

box specs: 24x24x12 around 30lb (4 boxes total) Shipped from zip 20175

1 - 12 of 12 Posts