Club Touareg Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spontaneous move of mine, hence why I literally just snapped the pics with everything still installed in my Touareg as I post this. Nothing has been removed as of yet...

Selling my OEM VW Navigation HU (RNS2 DVD), for mid 2005, to 2007 USA/Canadian T1 Touaregs. Excellent upgrade for 2004 to early 2005 Touaregs with the OEM CD RNS2 Navigation, but will require rewiring of the digital output amplifier. All other 2004-to mid 2005 Touareg's with standard OEM HU, should be basically a straight forward installation, although I'm not too sure about any Vag-Com recoding. I'm no expert, so please research the forum before committing.

Also included is the compulsory Navigation DVD to make it all work, and it will be Version 5B as illustrated in the two pictures.

Also selling my Neo Prolink PODVW812V1 interface for iPod and iPhone, which essentially also uses a DICE DCR-50 Cradle DICE Electronics LLC - DRIVE | LIVE | ACCESSORIZE - G2 Cradle - Specifications . I use it to play my music using the iPhone 4, and also to charge the iPhone battery. That said, 3 more cradles will be included to allow fitment for iPod classic 80GB, etc.. iPhone 3GS, or any other iPod/IiPhone model. The owners manual will be provided for the Neo Prolink unit.

Last but not least, throwing in the removal keys(not illustrated) for the HU.

Everything is in 100% perfect running order.
There are no scratches on the screen, but the lower right hand button normally used for the acceptance screen on the Navigation system(that one would normally VAG COM off), has been touched up with a Sharpy due to some wear.

Price: $450 whole package

PM me your Zip/Postal Code for shipping quote. Will be shipping out of postal code H7X-1T9, Laval, Canada if you wish to calculate your own preferred shipping method of transport.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
"Also selling my Neo Prolink PODVW812V1 interface for iPod and iPhone."
The way you put this sounds like you might be interested in selling seperately...
Is this the prolink 2? How muck for just the interface module?
I want one!

·
Banned
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Also selling my Neo Prolink PODVW812V1 interface for iPod and iPhone."
The way you put this sounds like you might be interested in selling seperately...
Is this the prolink 2? How muck for just the interface module?
I want one!
Not sure what you mean by 2? Are you referring to the second generation unit, meaning the last iteration of it being sold today in the store? If so, no mine is the previous generation. Just copy and paste the full model name, and search it up on this forum. I'm sure there is a more comprehensive in depth discussion on how it works for you to read up on. You may even search up DICE, as it is essentially the same thing but rebadged imho.

This has the voice button... What does that do? Its not the blue tooth module - no too early for that - plus there would be no need for the iPhone hook up....

Looks nice. This is plug and play for a 2006 cd unit like mine right? So does this play dvd's not while moving in the USA but it does play them.... Can one override that setting with a vagcom?
Pushing the VOICE button on the front of the NAV repeats the last directions, whilst allowing you to change the volume at the same time should you desire to do so. The latter only changes the NAV voice volume separately, and not the radio volume itself. Yes, concerning DVD in motion, you can somehow override to play while in motion, the answer to that is in an other thread.

BTW to all the rest who may be reading this, I forgot to mention that the Neo Interface is also equipped with a 1/8" AUX jack connection to connect an auxiliary device such as an MP3 player, DVD player, or any other audio source. To access the AUX source, you would select Disk 5 on the HU..

No rewiring will be required to replace your 2006 CD unit. As for VAG-COM'ing anything to iron small items out, I'm not too sure. I'd search the forum for you now, but no time unfortunately this very moment. 100% sure the answers are in some of the older threads on here.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Concerning GPS antenna for a non-nav equipped Touaregs, a GPS puck antenna should cost you less than $25 bucks, perhaps even less than $15 (shipping included), so the economics of it still make sense. Search RNS2 GPS puck antenna on Ebay, they are everywhere sold with harness and connector. There may be some coding involved with the Vag-Com, not sure about that one, but many good, tech savvy members on here who will happily help in the Mobile section of the forum.

·
Registered
50 Posts
so, are you interested in selling the interface separately? I could understand if you wanted to give it some time, seeing as this thread was relitivly recent...
I'm sure the interface would increase the marketability of your head-unit.
If you where considering parting these two; what would you ask for the pro-link?

·
Banned
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so, are you interested in selling the interface separately? I could understand if you wanted to give it some time, seeing as this thread was relitivly recent...
I'm sure the interface would increase the marketability of your head-unit.
If you where considering parting these two; what would you ask for the pro-link?
Yes, this is a fresh for sale ad ;), so I'd rather wait a bit before seperating if that is ok with you.

·
Banned
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pricing to Sell Separately

Due to this request question by email, here is my answer.

$400 for the RNS2 and everything I listed about it in post#1(DVD Navteq Map Version 5B of North America and HU removal keys)
$75 For the Neo Interface iPod kit

I'd still rather sell both as $450, but if demand is confirmed with no risk, I'll do it.

·
Banned
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just wanted to say that my prices are firm, after countless offers but not at my asking price. $400 For RNS2 with DVD Navteq 5B North America Map; $75 for the Neo Prolink; or $450 for both. These prices do not include shipping. Generally speaking, we are looking at $25 for shipping if I don't insure(think declare for customs) the full amount. Price may rise to $30-$34 range if I declare and insure full $450 amount. Yes shipping costs rise as you increase value to insure. You may PM me zip/postal code for accurate rate, but it seems to me that will be ball park and not more.

I'm only offering this sale due to my being sucker to 5.1 channel capabilities, etc on the top of line Kenwood 9980HD. Other than that, I love my OEM look and feel. I don't want to come across as a stingy ass because I'm not, but it's not like I have these sitting in my garage collecting dust wanting to make space. It's still in my Touareg!

I'm receiving many questions on compatibility, that I tried to explain in the first post. I'll reiterate using different wording this time around and something I omitted on years. I apologize for any confusion, although many of the answers are on the forum, although I will agree that searching can be painstaking at times.

If you own a 2004 to early 2005, with CD Navigation, my DVD Navigation system will be a wonderful upgrade.

All owners of standard stereo units, without Navigation, and with Canbus 1.6, meaning 2004-to mid 2007, this will be a wonderful upgrade as well. As for GPS antenna for those without Navigation, they sell them everywhere for $15-$25 MAX with harness and connector.

That all said, please feel free to ask me more questions :crazy:.

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
Congrats on the sale. Thread closed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.