Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VWPARTSDEPARTMENT.COM

#1 Source for Touareg parts. All we sell is OEM parts since we are a Volkswagen dealership. We do not sell them on line at dealership prices so come check us out. :)

·
My God,it's full of stars
5,765 Posts
Ask about shipping and "handling" that's where they get you. Part is 12 bucks, shipping is 40 bucks plus 12 for "handling"...

siberian

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And in country as in Alaska or Hawaii?

siberian
Shipping all depends on size, weight & location. I would need a zip code to where the parts is being shipped to and the weight of the package and that will determine pricing. If the package is big UPS considers it oversize and that can be pricy. I cant give you exact pricing if I dont know what kind of part I am shipping out. All parts are different so the smaller the box the cheaper it is.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shipping all depends on size, weight & location. I would need a zip code to where the parts is being shipped to and the weight of the package and that will determine pricing. If the package is big UPS considers it oversize and that can be pricy. I cant give you exact pricing if I dont know what kind of part I am shipping out. All parts are different so the smaller the box the cheaper it is.

You can also use your own shipping if you think that will save you money.

·
My God,it's full of stars
5,765 Posts
For those of us living on the "outer fringes" we are constantly gouged for nothing. Handling charges are ridiculous as are shipping charges. The US Post Office has a "if it fits it ships", yet most companies still insist on shipping UPS which is an absolute rip off. Example: UPS Ground gets it to Alaska no faster than the Post Office. I've had parts wait in Anchorage for days until it is trucked up to Fairbanks; yet the price is still a UPS price vs a Post Office price of a flat 10 bucks "if it fits it ships". Northern Tools has great prices on tools until you get to "for Alaska, Hawaii, PR etc. please call for rates" when the rest of the US is free shipping.

So sorry for being a pain, but dealing with a lot of companies is just a non starter. Your price may be good if you live a zip code away, but for the rest of us, we're not going to subsidize "handling" and other inflated costs. So if you ship via the PO for reasonably sized parts great, as for most parts I don't need it tomorrow or "ground".

siberian

·
Registered
193 Posts
I think no VW dealer should be on here advertising unless they are selling parts at no less than a 27% discount from list price + no tax + shipping at actual cost.

·
Registered
193 Posts
27% isn't steep at all... they could even do 30%.

I get 27% all day everyday at one of my local dealers on ANY part. They simply set me up a cash account matching Keffer VW's online discount of... you guessed it, 27%.

I was told by the parts manager that even with that sizeable discount they are still making money. Everybody wins.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.