Club Touareg Forum banner

Oem roof rack w/ thule ski

For Sale: 
5K views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  FictiousEgg 
#1 ·
For sale is a black oem rack off a 2006 w/ thule ski attachment.

$350 shipped in the US

Attachments

See less See more
#26 ·
Sorry to resurrect this.

I have the factory base carrier bars on my 05 touareg and the thule universal flat top ski rack.

As others pointed out the screws don't fit. I really like your clean solution but can't find instructions anywhere on the internet.

Do I remove the black rubber strip on the top of the factory bars? What is the specific name of the adapter you used so that I can order it? Googling vw thule - as you mentioned in a comment - didn't fetch any results.

Moral of the story, envious and hoping you can help me.

#15 ·
AK47 said:
Where did you get the bolts long enough to fit that rack? I have an 04 and my Thule bolts aren't long enough and having a hell of time finding the long bolts.
I got the screws at Lowe's. The ones in the box were too short for me too. I don't know any of the measurements but you can take the Thule screw and just match the thread pattern and pick a longer length.

Attachments

#24 ·
LOtouareg said:
Are these them:

I hope so. I bided (past tense of bid?)

Thanks for the direction.
"bided"? Really?

Not unless you were waiting for something. (Biding your time.)

As for bidding on Ebay, whether I will bid, have bid, bid twice or bid last week, it's all the same ....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.