Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOtouareg said:
Where did you get the hardware? Any quick tips you can give me so I can do this. PM is good too as to not clog your thread.

Thanks
It came with the treg. Pretty sure the prior owner got it from vw

·
Supreme Member
2,372 Posts
AK47 said:
Where did you get the bolts long enough to fit that rack? I have an 04 and my Thule bolts aren't long enough and having a hell of time finding the long bolts.
I got the screws at Lowe's. The ones in the box were too short for me too. I don't know any of the measurements but you can take the Thule screw and just match the thread pattern and pick a longer length.

Attachments

·
Supreme Member
2,372 Posts
Since then, though, my crossbar's locking mechanism broke so I tossed them and got the Thule square bars. Then these ski racks and screws looked ridiculous so I got a Thule roof box. The fit is much sleeker.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Since then, though, my crossbar's locking mechanism broke so I tossed them and got the Thule square bars. Then these ski racks and screws looked ridiculous so I got a Thule roof box. The fit is much sleeker.
Yes I broke my crossbars lock as well. I actually have those same crossbars, maybe I should just remove the factory rails and use the Thule ones.

Can you get the VW thule crossrail holders at REI? I'm heading there today to search options.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well REI did have everything I needed.

I removed the factory rails and just put these on. Thanks for the idea.

Kit for 2004-2007 Treg (not including rails). Fit kit #3101 along with the Podium foot pack.
ImageUploadedByAG Free1352675236.104309.jpg

ImageUploadedByAG Free1352675320.074727.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 26 Posts