Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the LS2 on my 12 Exec and had them replaced at about 22,xxx miles, I might have had about 5,000 miles on them but a flat forced a replacement.

Wife's 15 has 18,500 miles on them and they are worn more than mine were at 22,000 mi. I know many despise the tires, I thought they were alright but would never pay for a new set as they are some of the most expensive tires.

I'm going to get her a set of what I have in the Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus. Mine are wearing very well but this will be my first winter with them. I expect that they are going to be great in the snow.

·
Super Moderator
9,385 Posts
Those tires just plain suck imo. Came stock on my '10 and I went to a tire shop to buy tires shortly after receiving my Treg.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New tires will be on this upcoming Tuesday.

The OEM LS2 have terrible wear-life. 1 1/2 years and 18,500 and there is no way that they will make it through the winter.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Good call. I've got over 20k on my Scorpion Verde Plus tires. Very pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have about 6,000 miles and have been very happy with the Verde Plus'. They are wearing very well so far. I can't even see any wear yet.

I really have not had them in the rain yet as we've had a drought all spring/summer but I'll bet they are excellent.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've got 28,000 miles on the LS2's with about 6/32 left on them. The were never good in snow, so I put a set of winter tires on this year. I'll run the LS2's for 1 more summer before switching to the Verde+. That would get me close to 40,000 on the LS2. Would consider moving to a 20" and DWS if I could find a set of Montauk.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My LS2's lasted 25k or so - and I know we were pushing them towards the end. Fine when they were new, but they had spongy road feel and feedback. Hated them from new but didn't want to justify replacement as I figured they'd run out quickly. I've had the Scorpion Verde Plus's for about 3-4k miles now. Absolutely love them so far. They ride better, track more directly and have much better road feel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts