Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Treg with the OEM crossbars, but they were missing the rubber channel covers. The only source I've been able to find for replacements, is eTrailer.com (Replacement Rubber Strip for Thule Aero Load Bars 53" Thule Accessories and Parts TH853354407). Perfect. And only $6 each. I then proceed to shop around on the website picking out some other interesting things to order. I then go to place my order and it says that the rubber strips cannot ship to Canada. I phone them and they say they signed an agreement with Thule and they cannot ship across the border. :confused::mad:

I cannot find these rubber strips anywhere else online! Anyone have a source that is either in Canada, or can ship to Canada?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just found that. A lot more money though! $31 compared to $6x2=12.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually, shipped to Canada is $68.14 USD from ECS! That's ridiculous for two extruded rubber strips!

So I'm back to square one.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rackattack doesn't list this online. Since there isn't a local store, I've sent them an inquiry.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The ECS link also lists the VW part number. Maybe take that to a dealer and see if they can order just the strip for you?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The ECS link also lists the VW part number. Maybe take that to a dealer and see if they can order just the strip for you?
Thanks Jerry. Dealer price $35 - 3 blocks away!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
A couple of years ago I walked into a dealership, here in Vancouver, to see if they had any of the rubber cover strips for the T3 crossbars, as I wanted a spare piece or two, to cut up to fit a rack project.They said they keep the new take-outs from installations where a customer wants an accessory fitted, and pass them along to owners who are removing accessories or want a spare set. They had a bundle of them, brand new full length pieces, and they pulled out two full strips and gave them to me free. Made my day!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts