Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Anyone know if the OEM trailer hitch will fit the Touareg?
Reason I ask is I read that they're interchangeable, however the one I picked up off of Craig's list, because it came with the wire harness and control module and bolts, the bumper won't fit over it. It's like it sticks out too far from the frame by 1-2 inches. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I am not sure if these are interchangeable. BUT...
Is the "spacer" from your truck (the Treg) used...probably not the actual name, but the foam bit that sits on top of the hitch and below the plastic bolted to the back of the truck (directly below tailgate). This component could easily be different and cause issues. But don't go without one (say it fits w/o) as it is needed to add support.

Here is a screen shot (not OEM hitch) from e trailer install.

Best of luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm using the same foam support that was on the old bar.
I'll take a photo tonight, but I'm thinking the Porsche hitch has spacers on it to reach and support the bumper. The hitch looks just like the Touareg one except it has these thin sheet metal spacers welded to the face of it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi all,
Anyone know if the OEM trailer hitch will fit the Touareg?
Reason I ask is I read that they're interchangeable, however the one I picked up off of Craig's list, because it came with the wire harness and control module and bolts, the bumper won't fit over it. It's like it sticks out too far from the frame by 1-2 inches. Any ideas?

Can you post any photos of it installed to show what you are taking about?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts