Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does such a thing as a paper version of the official repair manual exist for the Touareg? I have the ELSAWin software, but it is clunky, and difficult to use at the car. I end up printing the sheets out.

I much rather prefer the paper manual as I had on my old Toyota. It was over $200 for the three books, but it showed EVERYTHING, every bolt and screw and the order to remove and replace.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Have you looked at Bentley, the publishers, not the car makers?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I am not 100% certain but pretty sure you will not find a written manual (book) for the T3 Touareg.

My brother has been looking for months and he only found VW repair manuals for recent models available via a download

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I looked at Bentley a while ago, and they still don't have a T3 manual. I have the ELSAWIN software, and it has gotten me by OK for removing trim and eliminating rattles and clicks, but I would like a real one for doing brakes and coolant changes using proper bleed procedures. Never now what the future holds, but the local VW dealers (2 within 20 miles) are not known for their expertise on any car.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Reactions: jinstall

·
Registered
35 Posts
I see that the t3 is listed on the factory-manuals site how is the book that your brother has for the gli is it pretty detailed info and how correct is the repair manual I saw its $50 for the 2012 t3

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Be very very wary of any website selling "OE factory manuals" that has no connection to the manufacturer and sells electronic manuals (pdf, download,CD, DVD,etc). They are usually scam sites with low prices and they infringe copyright law to do so. Many of them are up until they get taken down through legal means. Meanwhile people who paid money get nothing.

My preference is for a real factory authorized paper manual.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ok thanx for the info what is a good site for OE repair manual for the t3 I have a 2012 tdi Lux I would like a paper copy

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok thanx for the info what is a good site for OE repair manual for the t3 I have a 2012 tdi Lux I would like a paper copy
That's what this thread is about, where to get a real Paper Manual. I don't think they exist for the T3 . That's why I was asking. I have an electronic version that the dealerships use, but it is inconvenient.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Oh ok. Read it fast bcz I started a new post about the factory manual place. And then saw this thread. And how is the Elsa win software. I tried to look for that for the t3 and didn't see it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I purchased my 08 v6 in may of 2012, and to this day I cannot find a paper manual for my car. I have Bently but its difficult to use, and it doesn't have Win 7 support

·
Registered
189 Posts
I see that the t3 is listed on the factory-manuals site how is the book that your brother has for the gli is it pretty detailed info and how correct is the repair manual I saw its $50 for the 2012 t3
So far my brother has downloaded a VIN Specific manual for his 2015 GLI and 2011 Jetta and finds the information very good, he believes same or very similar to what the dealer uses.

When I go out to the back of my local VW dealer to talk with service manager there are no paper repair manuals anywhere, all the techs have these ruggedized laptops that they get the repair info from.

I don't disagree that this is probably some form of copyright infringement but if you are only using for purpose of fixing your own vehicle it is not a big deal.

If someone knows how or where to get a verified repair manual for late model VW's for a reasonable price let me know, I have a genuine Ross-Tech cable and feel it is worth every penny I spent to get it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I used the link provided for factory manuals.com. I download the one for a 2007 V10. They send you a vin specific repair manual. It has only stuff for that particular vehicle, which is nice because it was over 6,000 pages long. I would hate to have an all inclusive manual for this model car!!! I can easily rebuild the engine or repair anything using this manual. The only exception is the wheel and tyre guide which seems to have details every rim that came on all VW's, and not just Touaregs.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
I'm looking for something, and something is better than nothing - so I just purchased the PDF from factory-manuals.com
I got the login and entered my VIN, but apparently it takes 24 hours to post the PDF so will keep my reply updated on time and legitimacy. Worse case is maybe I took one for the team :)

Standby....

·
Registered
43 Posts
I know of a legitimate service manual that covers Touaregs from 2011-2015. Other years from 03. However... I want to follow the house rules so, you would have to pm me if you would like me to pass that information along.

Reactions: carlg007

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I think a combination of ElsaWin and Etka is pretty good. Elsawin for the service and Etka for parts and pics of what a system like intake manifold for example is composed of. So looking at elsawin steps and comparing with etka info (number of screws, seals, wires and hoses) you makes it easy to get the job done.
And the lastest versions work on windows 10.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Never used my manual ..... yet .... but restrictions are for use on a Windows XP machine .... WTF

Have you looked at Bentley, the publishers, not the car makers?

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
I received the PDF link today, downloaded with no issues, and have to say its pretty darn good - shows procedures and maintenance step by step. Its a large file (245Mb) 5,554 pages, and has my VIN's related build codes which is very cool. Color pics (highlights and accented), and looks as good as any repair manual I've purchased hard copy.
Like I said I couldn't find any manuals previous to this, and would have no problem recommending this PDF - albeit from a novice perspective. A mechanic may have a completely different opinion. This will help me we tinkering, some installations I intend to DYI, and maybe some maintenance at home, but I'm certainly not going to be using it for the heavy hitting stuff - that's for the pro's not me.

Hope this helped....and thanks to all in this thread who recommended the Manuals Factory as a source.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Never used my manual ..... yet .... but restrictions are for use on a Windows XP machine .... WTF
I think you have to open it in a "virtual machine" It isn't uncommon to find factory service material that was written during the XP era.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I received the PDF link today, downloaded with no issues, and have to say its pretty darn good - shows procedures and maintenance step by step. Its a large file (245Mb) 5,554 pages, and has my VIN's related build codes which is very cool. Color pics (highlights and accented), and looks as good as any repair manual I've purchased hard copy.
Like I said I couldn't find any manuals previous to this, and would have no problem recommending this PDF - albeit from a novice perspective. A mechanic may have a completely different opinion. This will help me we tinkering, some installations I intend to DYI, and maybe some maintenance at home, but I'm certainly not going to be using it for the heavy hitting stuff - that's for the pro's not me.

Hope this helped....and thanks to all in this thread who recommended the Manuals Factory as a source.
Is the PDF searchable? Do the links work to jump from section to section (say for when a disassembly requires a step described elsewhere in the manual - can you click a link to get to it...or do you have to hunt for the section?).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts