Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have just had my indicators act strange today. When I click the stalk to the right to turn right the indicator flashes left for a second or two and then corrects itself back to the right again. Only seems to happen when car is stationary not on the highway. Any ideas? Could it be a faulty relay or connection? Has anyone else had this happen.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Known issue on Generation 1 cars and it's bloody dangerous too as I found when indicating to overtake the car in front and couldn't work out why the guy behind went to overtake me and got so cross as I pulled out until I twigged the problem.

Yours is a Generation 2 car and I expect the dealer will tell you a new indicator stalk/switch is required as they told me.

However I fixed mine by giving the switch a squirt of electrical contact cleaner and that has also worked for others on Gen 1s so it's worth a try.

Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Found the same (very dangerous) random left, right then left indication when turning right. In a right hand drive car, wow! so dangerous.
Thanks Noobytoogy. This should be a VW factory recall issue :(.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Do try the contact cleaner.

I kept my car for several more years and tens of thousands of miles and the problem never came back.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I meant to add that if the contact cleaner does the trick then make sure for a oeriod of time that you doublecheck via your door mirror LEDs that your indicators are working as they should BEFORE making your intended turn!

I was paranoid for a couple of weeks and concerned for a couple more!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Which is the best place to buy genuine parts for me T1 R5 as it is needed exactly the Air Inlet which stands together with the Turbo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts