Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me state I've been wrenching on my own cars and brakes for 20+ years. Got a head scratcher here.

Acquired my 2008 V6 late summer. Took the Michelin tires off cause I didn't like the look, they had 50-60% of their tread left. Put over sized tires on but didn't like them so the Michelins when back on.

Now I have feedback from the pedal when decelerating from ONLY 22-12mph. Almost has a light tick such as an imperfection in the disk or something stuck on pad but cannot see anything.

Could this be anything unique to the T2 suspension?

My new tires come in this week and I'm thinking of putting Firehawk pads on...so this all may be moot but it'd driving me nuts. Any ideas?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Have you measured the current thickness of the discs. Touareg discs only have a millimetre or two of wear allowed before they are undersize. I can't recall the thickness offhand so you'll need to Search.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to answer my own thread with a non-answer. I got my new wheels and tires today...the mechanic tic felt while decelerating is gone. So something in those tires wear was amplifying something but since symtoms were not atypical of brake issues...I was left scratching my head.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts