Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I drive the Touareg daily, but on weekends I drive my wifey around in her Q7. They stop entirely different. I hit the brakes on the Treg, and it downshifts and stops smartly. In the Q, I swear that I am trying to stop an 18 wheeler. I hate it so much, I refuse to tow the travel trailer with her car.

Is it just the difference between weight and setup between the two cars, or is there something I can do to make her car stop better? I'm now looking for a 2011 Q to test drive to see if this is normal, but I swear it was always a bit "heavy". It seems I apply almost twice the pressure on the stop pedal. I am in the market for new brakes for the Q, but I'm wondering if there is a VAGCOM trick to help the boost?

Suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
3,817 Posts
I would suggest you look into alternate brake pads, as functionally they are almost the same vehicle. It may be the way your wife drives her car, which could have "glazed" the pads. Try fitting a more aggressive pad compound to the Q7. I run TRW pads and find them, very effective however they are quite dusty.

Stuart...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Check all your vaccum lines from the engine, mine end up being that, engine did no had any faults from the leak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Such a simple answer...yet completely overlooked! As soon as I get home, I'll look into that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts