Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I'm trying to track down this plastic piece. I've circled it in the image. I'm trying to modify it for some emergency lights (firefighter) and wanted to have a backup piece on hand in case some goes wrong lol. Thanks!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Just go to your dealer.

You might get lucky in a breaker's yard but it will have cost you time and money searching.

At the dealer you'll get the right part in the right colour/color first time and - sometimes - the cost of the part isn't that bad!

·
Registered
801 Posts
FYI - That's where your Homelink sender is located - there isn't a lot of room behind it and if you put something up there it may well block the signal completely.

Also, with the little black dot sunshade up there, if you put lights up there they will a) be really diminished and b) reflect back into the vehicle like crazy off the little black dots.

Just my .02. As for the part itself (to answer your original question...), I'm not sure.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Note that adding emergency lights on the Touareg is nothing new. Might be easier to use a setup that already exists. Google Feuerwehr Touareg and look under images. There are some pretty clean grill mount LED lights that are used throughout all years. Here are two pictures for fun that I pulled off Google images:

Attachments

·
Registered
748 Posts
I believe it's called an Insert Panel, Part # 7P6947134H67, Can be found at VWpartsnation under Body/ Overhead console

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is my light install on the T'reg. I did not want to alter any interior parts.
http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f45/led-strobes-volunteer-firefighter-ems-touareg-t3-147329.html
Thanks for the write up! Gives me some good ideas on where the access places are into the cabin. My plan as of right now is to do 2 surface mount grille lights, 2 side warning lights inside at the rear-most window (the small window between the rear door and the tailgate) and then install flashers for the rear taillight. We'll see how it works out. I'm still undecided on what i'm going to do for the front windshield as i want to have either dash or visor lights. I like your idea about going in through the storage bin on the dash!.

I believe it's called an Insert Panel, Part # 7P6947134H67, Can be found at VWpartsnation under Body/ Overhead console
Perfect! Thanks a ton for the part #. That helps tons!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts