Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have info or experience with this product that appears to be a combination of abilities between Torque and VAGCOM? If I understand correctly, you can have gauge-like performance readouts as well as ability to change some operation parameters as with VAGCOM. You need a special OBD dongle that may cost around $50 - the ELM? dongle does not work. The app itself may be free. Sorry to be so vague here, but maybe someone can be more specific.

I've been reading about it on a GTI forum (I traded my '06 Miata for a '15 GTI= what a great car!).

It's hard to imagine how someone here hasn't tried it yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have it. Very new app.
Pro's are, works well, can see all control units, read and clear faults, with direct link to internet for fault codes, do basic settings and adaptions.
Con's are, not all information available yet, like display group names etc. Must use their dedicated Bluetooth adapter.
Not VCDS yet, but getting there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
curious if any OBDeleven is better established now. carista seems to have improved but not quite vcds.
I had an older Ross-Tech KII, but it could only access a few controllers on my 08 T2, so I thought I would give OBDEleven a try. It's a little confusing at first to understand the differences between the standard and pro versions and credits. (Just get the pro version.) I am able to scan and do coding for most controllers except for the airbag controller for some reason.

All-in-all it is quite good, but may not be as comprehensive as Ross-Tech. I keep the bluetooth dongle in my center box just in case I ever need it while on the road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.