Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 TDI Sport w/ Nav
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I just purchased a 2012 V6 TDI Sport w/ Nav

I found the OBDeleven. Is it worth it instead of downloading VAGCOM? I know you have to release electronic parking brake to do the rears, can you do that with OBDeleven? For VAGCOM I'd have to also purchase a laptop. Which is the best option for me?

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Vcds is the way to go. You don’t need a badass laptop, just get a 7 inch windows tablet. Don’t buy the windows RT version. I have a 400$ windows tablet (teclast) in the backseat with a 12v power adaptor. I don’t drive without it.
Or get a used 11 inch slim laptop with an ssd and 4 gb of ram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
1,473 Posts
I have both VCDS and OBDEleven Pro. I wind up using VCDS more often than the latter. As stated above you don't need an expensive laptop for VCDS. I use a 10" tablet running Windows that I picked up for like $100.
Also you don't need to "release" the parking brakes with VCDS to do the rear brakes, just keep the parking brake off when doing them. The only time you should need VCDS for the parking brakes is if you do a service on them as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have obdeleven pro and wish I would have gotten vcds. Obdeleven is more visual but lacks a lot of detail and features of vcds when you are trying to drive down to a problem

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
vagcom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts