Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
MY18 (P7) - Black V6 TDI Touareg
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a newbie to the VW diagnostics and admit to purchasing this OBDeleven device purely out of curiosity and to tweak the engine auto-stop feature on my 2017/18 P7 18TDI.
Ran my first full scan yesterday (Full scan attached) and got 15 faults most related to the ACC, I have not yet attempted to make any changes.

I have had a single ACC failure 4 months back where the ACC failed and alerted whilst in use.
Stopping and turning off the engine and restarting cleared the fault from the dashboard and the ACC resumed normal function.

Any help or suggestions related to these codes would be appreciated
(Hoping the "00956 - Key 2" related to a flat key battery previously repaired)

Faults:
Control Units:
05 Keyless System
System description: BCM2 2.0
Software number: 4H0907064JM
Software version: 0582
Hardware number: 4H0907064JM
Hardware version: H44

Faults:
00956 - Key 2
static

13 Adaptive Cruise Control
System description: ACC3
Software number: 7P6907561C
Software version: 0400
Hardware number: 7P6907561
Hardware version: H21

Faults:
C110B49 - Adaptive cruise control sensor
No signal
Intermittent
U111100 - Function limitation due to missing message
Intermittent
Intermittent
Intermittent
Intermittent
Intermittent
Intermittent
U111300 - Function limitation due to received malfunction value
Intermittent
Intermittent
Intermittent

19 Gateway
System description: GW-CAN-L-FR-M
Software number: 7P6907530R
Software version: 6055
Hardware number: 7P6907530G
Hardware version: H15

Faults:
U107100 - Automatic distance regulation 2
No communication
Intermittent
U101400 - Control module incorrectly coded
static

8B Adaptive Cruise Control
System description: ACC3
Software number: 7P6907541C
Software version: 0400
Hardware number: 7P6907541
Hardware version: H21

Faults:
Intermittent
B200FF0 - Internal malfunction
Intermittent

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,109 Posts
Slightly off-topic (but then again, maybe not), quick question Grant.
The OBD11 data you have posted here...is that verbatim (from the unit itself)?
The reason I ask is that Ross-Tech VCDS cable actually provides date/time and klms/mileage that the last fault for that module was recorded. Certainly makes it somewhat easier to eliminate rogue errors such as "flat battery" in the key etc, when you can actually remember that instance.

·
Registered
87 Posts
OBD Eleven (and earlier VCDS cables) cannot read UDS protocol. You're going to need the newer VCDS cable that does to see all those function errors.

"U111300 - Function limitation due to received malfunction value"

Aside from that, there appears to be an issue with the ACC components. Either broken, or not connected. This is causing additional error messages because the input to those other components is not happening.

Many of the faults are intermittent. Clear the codes and see if they return. There are know issues with ACC that occasionally cuts out and gives an error, and goes away once the car is restarted, as you note.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hi Steve, if you download the included TXT file that Grant included it provides some additional date information/kms/VIN etc at the top but not date of logged fault I presume VCDS provides.

For Grant, when you said ACC fault I immediately thought of a grubby sensor on the front of the car. I think in your MY the sensor is in the large central "VW" badge middle of grille. Just make sure that is clean. Is the car battery in good nick? 2018 car it should still be pretty good but low batteries always lead to erratic nonsense fault codes. Also have you replaced key fob battery? They're cheap and so to eliminate that being a possibility, worth just replacing that as well.

Clear fault codes (you have a preserved record now) and then drive and retest after using the ACC for some of the driving post code clear.

By the way Grant, did you go Android or iOS OBDeleven?

If these faults return, just get it back to VW for warranty fix - you have advance information they don't know you have so make them determine fault themselves and then you can be well informed about their findings.

Pete.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,109 Posts
Hi Steve, if you download the included TXT file that Grant included it provides some additional date information/kms/VIN etc at the top but not date of logged fault I presume VCDS provides.

Pete.
yep, saw that, but I believe that is the date/time stamp of when the scan occurred.

Ross-tech provides date/time/distance of when the last recorded error occurred.

@gatkins - what Peter said, definitely clear the codes and do another drive - then re-scan. ;)

Reactions: Crispy3

·
Registered
87 Posts
yep, saw that, but I believe that is the date/time stamp of when the scan occurred.

Ross-tech provides date/time/distance of when the last recorded error occurred.

@gatkins - what Peter said, definitely clear the codes and do another drive - then re-scan. ;)
This would be freeze frame data via VCDS. Looks like this:

Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 7
Fault Frequency: 2
Reset counter: 230
Mileage: 70058 km
Date: 2019.03.12
Time: 22:32:46

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your quick responses
OBDeleven 2 via bluetooth to iOS (apple) - I suspect it is probably better if i had an android phone
The txt file included was (un-altered) from the scan (phone app allows this to be e-mailed direct)
The only date I saw was the scan date (yesterday) a fault occurrence date would be nice!
Both Key fob batteries were replaced and have not caused an issue since (The dealer told me I needed to leave them in the ignition more often to charge them o_O )
Car batteries seem to be great, not noticed any random issues, starts easy, engine auto stop lasts a long time even with lights on.
Car is very clean, don't think it has ever seen a dirt road, but will check the sensors for cleanliness

·
Registered
396 Posts
All good Greg, sounds like you're all over it. Be keen to see the results of a rescan after clearing codes and some further drive time.

OBDeleven only introduced iOS capability late 2019 (I think) and when it was released it had some limited capability. That iOS capability has expanded a fair bit during 2020 but still lags behind the Android OBDeleven capability (which is also in itself still behind VCDS capability).

Having said that, I feel ok with my OBDeleven being able to do everything I have NEEDED to do but maybe one day when I feel flush enough I'll get a VCDS - or if I am forced to.

Regards

Pete.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess it would be interesting (maybe) to compare what the results are via a Ross-Tech VCDS cable to flush out if this is immaturity of the iOS OBDeleven
Is anyone in Perth Australia able to assist?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I guess it would be interesting (maybe) to compare what the results are via a Ross-Tech VCDS cable to flush out if this is immaturity of the iOS OBDeleven
Is anyone in Perth Australia able to assist?
Steve L - maybe another trip to Mandurah some time?

Pete.

Reactions: Steve_L

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,109 Posts
Steve L - maybe another trip to Mandurah some time?

Pete.
I was actually thinking of a late afternoon catch-up somewhere central for all Perth Touareg owners on here. Work commitments of a weekend make it hard(er) for me to maintain a half reasonable social life...unless I win Lotto or retire (whatever comes first)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yes, I am always happy to find a reason to get the V10 humming. I am fairly flexible - can you propose a date well into the future? Say 4 weeks away or more?

Pete.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,109 Posts
Absolutely.
Let me check the astrology chart and get some planets to align

·
Registered
396 Posts

·
Registered