Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
coming from a 2007 GTI, then a 2012 golf r, the touareg has somewhat 'numb' steering on the highway. it's very light and there is no road feel. Is it possible to change the weight of it through VAG-COM? Anyone tried something else

·
Registered
77 Posts
Unless I am mistaken, the Touareg's do not have electronic power steering. It still retains hydraulic steering with the usual power steering pump, etc...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In 2007 and onward golf/jettas/gti's it was possible to set the weighting of the steering through vag-com. I was curious if people had done similar things to touaregs.

I've never driven a cayenne, but I dont imagine the steering is as indirect as in the touareg.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In 2007 and onward golf/jettas/gti's it was possible to set the weighting of the steering through vag-com. I was curious if people had done similar things to touaregs.

I've never driven a cayenne, but I dont imagine the steering is as indirect as in the touareg.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Since T3 uses hydraulic steering, I do not believe there is an adjustment in VAG-COM.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm in a similar boat, I just moved from a 2006 GT GTI to an 08 V8 T2. I'm assuming there is nothing to increase steering wheel resistance in the T2 either? The steering just feels too loose/light. I find it hard to keep it on track sometimes because I'm used to a firmer wheel where I could just rest my hands. Currently, I find my self trying to constantly and "delicately" tweak the weak to keep tracking straight because it feels so light.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Yeah this is common, although I am a bit surprised to see the T3 with it. My T1 is the lightest steering and my T2 is a little more heavy. The T1 I can steer around a parking lot with my pinky and I am running oversized BF Goodrich AT KO'S!! Steers like an old Cadillac. I have gotten used to it though and actually now like it???? Crazy.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Did you have the alignment checked? Toe alignment has, especially front toe can affect turn in sensitivity of any vehicle.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Did you have the alignment checked? Toe alignment has, especially front toe can affect turn in sensitivity of any vehicle.
I think so, I had an alignment done by the tire shop when I got all new tires recently. it's like spiegelglatt says, it steers like an old Cadillac.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts