Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So investigating this issue with a 008704 Code. Cleared, came back. Malfunction/intermittent.

I am going to replace the O2 sensor but before I do could it be this issue:

VolksMasters: AdBlue Blues

This guy states the issue is with the sensor in the ADBLUE tank that is causing the Nox sensor code!

Or should I replace the sensor. It's an expensive one, of course. $320. from dealer.

Could be some other issue? Do I really need to buy from the dealer, the O2 sensor is a NGK but it's the module that makes more. Could it be the module? Wonder if I could get a NGK sensor, cut wires and splice and save me $250.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
558 Posts
So investigating this issue with a 008704 Code. Cleared, came back. Malfunction/intermittent.

This guy states the issue is with the sensor in the ADBLUE tank that is causing the Nox sensor code!

Or should I replace the sensor. It's an expensive one, of course. $320. from dealer.

Could be some other issue? Do I really need to buy from the dealer, the O2 sensor is a NGK but it's the module that makes more. Could it be the module? Wonder if I could get a NGK sensor, cut wires and splice and save me $250.

Any ideas?
My guess would be that it is not the O2 sensor because the code you have given does not match the code I had for my O2 sensor pre-cat sensor failure.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts

Any ideas?
What are your symptoms associated with the code? I had my NOx sensor replaced after my T2 went into limp mode repeatedly. I thought $320 out the door from the dealer was a bargain.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I cleared the codes and it has not come back, so now I wait. I have the part in hand ready to go in. But if it does not come back, the part goes back to VW ($320 for that thing).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.