Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sharing some notes on the factory rear seat cover I just installed in my 2016 Touareg.

The factory part is 7P0 061 678 041. Available from a number of places for under $100. Installation took 15 or 20 minutes (I had car seats to remove & reinstall).

My goal was to have something to protect the bench seat from the two cars seats I installed (one front, and one rear facing). And from the miscellaneous things a 2 and 4 year old like to drop.

The car seat cover was "approved" by my wife for use with our car seats. Some brands or installations may not allow even a thin layer of material between the car seat and vehicle seat. Wife says no problem here.

The rear head rests have a hidden release to allow them to be fully removed. It's described in the manual - requires slipping a credit card under the trim of the post opposite of the normal height adjustment button. The credit card hits a release that you can't see. I think my release was on the opposite side of what the manual indicated.

The seat cover has access panels for the LATCH connections. The car seats seem secure after placing them on the installed seat cover. All in all a win.

I'm attaching the manual - it was handy to review to make the seat cover fit right.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just sharing some notes on the factory rear seat cover I just installed in my 2016 Touareg.

The factory part is 7P0 061 678 041. Available from a number of places for under $100. Installation took 15 or 20 minutes (I had car seats to remove & reinstall).

My goal was to have something to protect the bench seat from the two cars seats I installed (one front, and one rear facing). And from the miscellaneous things a 2 and 4 year old like to drop.

The car seat cover was "approved" by my wife for use with our car seats. Some brands or installations may not allow even a thin layer of material between the car seat and vehicle seat. Wife says no problem here.

The rear head rests have a hidden release to allow them to be fully removed. It's described in the manual - requires slipping a credit card under the trim of the post opposite of the normal height adjustment button. The credit card hits a release that you can't see. I think my release was on the opposite side of what the manual indicated.

The seat cover has access panels for the LATCH connections. The car seats seem secure after placing them on the installed seat cover. All in all a win.

I'm attaching the manual - it was handy to review to make the seat cover fit right.
Thanks for this: how is the cover holding up now? I have a dog which sheds quite a bit and also has nails which can tear leather, so I'm looking for something nicer than the moving blanket I have in place now.

Also, do you know if any front seat covers are available?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No issues here with the cover. Still looks good, fits nice, etc. I'm happy with it. I have two car seats on top of it - so the cover itself doesn't see a lot of movement like it would with a dog in and out.

No front seat covers here (although with car seats...I do have seat back covers)

·
Registered
10 Posts
No issues here with the cover. Still looks good, fits nice, etc. I'm happy with it. I have two car seats on top of it - so the cover itself doesn't see a lot of movement like it would with a dog in and out.

No front seat covers here (although with car seats...I do have seat back covers)
Thank you, and glad to hear it.

Neil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts