Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys, i modified the front end of my 14 touareg friday.
hit a coyote doing 100mph...
i DO NOT recommend this mod!!
touareg held up better than i expected, but radiator is junk, lower air dam is gone and several grill parts are cracked.
looks like i'll be driving the old bronco for a while till the body shop gets it fixed.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Damn that's unlucky and I'm sorry to hear your misfortune!

what did you modify on the front bar that we shouldn't be doing?

annnnnndddddd

pics????

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Morale of the story .... dont modify your front end ! Wonder if doing 60 would have changed anything

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
now those responses were to funny!!
thanks guys, i needed a laugh!
no roadrunners in sight, coyote was pretty big so i doubt 60mph would have changed much.
i've got it on my car hauler waiting on the adjuster AND, its snowing balls outside right now so will get pics when i can:))
i was very surprised in the little regs stability after crushing the big feller!!
hope you all are having a great weekend!!

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
In our area, it is deer that take out your front bumper. You will find a lot of plastic parts to replace. The plastic radiator mounts are almost certainly also destroyed. They are easy to replace.

Deer are fast, but they don't quite get up to 100mph! :twisted:

·
Super Moderator
9,563 Posts
In our area, it is deers that take out your front bumper. You will find a lot of plastic parts to replace. The plastic radiator mounts are almost certainly also destroyed. They are easy to replace.

Deers are fast, but they don't quite get up to 100mph! :twisted:
Nickyt, really, it is just deer! ;)

Reactions: nickyt

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Lol. Nope. Around these parts deer always end in an "S" I think it has to do with the fact you never see just one. A small group is 3 to 4. You never see less then 3. They travel in packs.

And Chimney. That has a "L" right in the middle of the word! Pronounce it as chim-lee and you have it right.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appalachian_English

·
Super Moderator
9,563 Posts
Lol. Nope. Around these parts deer always end in an "S" I think it has to do with the fact you never see just one. A small group is 3 to 4. You never see less then 3. They travel in packs.

And Chimney. That has a "L" right in the middle of the word! Pronounce it as chim-lee and you have it right.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appalachian_English
Sorry, just noticed you are in VA! :)

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
HaHa Funny guy. We also has words like go ahunting and going to put ahurting onya.

Purdy nifty second language, but the cajons have their own second language. You can hear a good mess of them here.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Yikes.

Not too surprising. If it took out the radiator, you're probably also looking at the A/C condenser as well as any other coolers that are up there. Then you need new fluids in all those coolers, recharging of the A/C system, and new bumper cover, foam pieces underneath it, perhaps the force bar (actually bumper) PLUS labor and paint for the bumper cover and blending it into the fenders and hood.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
latest news is, most of the parts are coming from Germany as they couldn't find any in the US at all...they're saying 3 weeks just to get the parts in, UUGH!!!

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Ouch! Sorry for the wait.

But somebody should tell VW that 3 weeks is unacceptable for front end collision parts. :(

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
You don't think they will actually listen, do you!?

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
You don't think they will actually listen, do you!?
Everyone at VW is preoccupied with other pressing issues right now. ;)

Oregon FSI's Crazy Thought #287: Why aren't car mfrs selling in the US required by law to have a complete inventory of spare parts here for say 5 years from the car's build date.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
lol. I think the correct VW response would be ...

"Our distribution network is working as intended. No Problem Found!"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts