Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm in the UK and I have a 2004 2.5 R5 Touareg I've got three questions I don't know the answers to and haven't found on here so if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!

1. It has an RN S2 DVD Sat Nav system which is badly out of date and has only 4 digit postcode recognition. Is there a decent update available for this to bring it up to date, preferably not a ridiculously expensive one? My £80 TomTom is far superior :rolleyes:

2. The opening glass section of the tailgate has no means of holding itself open. I can't see that anythings missing but wondered if there's supposed to be some gas struts or something? Just seems odd as it would be easy to slam your fingers in it as it is. It's been like it since I bought it but didn't notice until after as I didn't open it at first.

3. The electric boot/tailgate release button in the door doesn't do anything and I can't suss out why.

Hope someone can shed some light. I'm not sure even what trim level it is, I thought it was a Sport when I bought it but since finding out a bit more I'm not so sure. It has full leather, sat nav and privacy glass but no front fog/spot lights or electric seat adjustment (although they're heated!). It has a badge on the lower right of the tailgate that says Kamei Dakar.

A lot to ask I know, but if there's any experts reading I'd really appreciate any info,

Thanks,

Hugh.:)

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Have you posted on the UK site www.mytreg.com ?

Your best local service dealer, if you need one, is VW Windrush at Maidenhead near the M4 J8/9 [M40 to J4, then A404 south for you probably].

I haven't found a good indie that can cope with the Treg. Please post if you have.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you posted on the UK site www.mytreg.com ?

Your best local service dealer, if you need one, is VW Windrush at Maidenhead near the M4 J8/9 [M40 to J4, then A404 south for you probably].

I haven't found a good indie that can cope with the Treg. Please post if you have.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Maidenhead's miles from but I have a decent local mechanic to take care of routine servicing etc. Just need answers to my questions if poss, will post on mytreg.com as well,

Cheers......

·
Dark Lord of the Sith
1,278 Posts
Can't help you with your first question, but can with the second. The struts are there, they are hidden up in the roof. Do a search under general maintenance and repair and there is a thread on this.

As far as the tailgate button in the door, all it does is unlock the tailgate. There is no click or anything. I had my options in mfd set so the tailgate unlocks automatically with all the other doors. Some people dont so you have to pull the switch to unlock the tailgate.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Hughieboy, your navi system was probably post-installed: to my knowledge, in 2004, VW used only CD-ROM, as per this link:

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f45/no-dvd-into-navigation-in-touareg-05-a-10528.html

If you do have a RNS2 DVD, then check these links (these are NOT recommendations, just googled them up)

VOLKSWAGEN
VW MFD2 & RN-S2 V7 DVD Navigation Europe 2010 | NavigationDisc.co.uk

I recently did a similar update (2007->2010 maps), using no-OEM discs, and my navi system improved both in coverage, and in processing speed. It took 3 disks:
1) Radio Navigation System Programming CD;
2) Navigation System Unlock CD;
3) And the updated DVD with the maps

Good luck with yours, and do post back results :)

·
Banned
7,167 Posts
Hope someone can shed some light. I'm not sure even what trim level it is, I thought it was a Sport when I bought it but since finding out a bit more I'm not so sure. It has full leather, sat nav and privacy glass but no front fog/spot lights or electric seat adjustment (although they're heated!). It has a badge on the lower right of the tailgate that says Kamei Dakar.
Does it have W12 sized fender flares on it? Kamei makes or used to make a Paris Dakar Kamei body kit.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
If your glass won't stay open then the gas struts ( in the roof lining) are shot. There are anumber of post on the forum cover this.

Stuart..

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
There is a do it yourself tutorial in the DIY section here on how to replace your rear hatch struts...it included part numbers and all.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all your advice, I will be checking out the wherefores on changing the tailgate struts. Hopefully I can do it myself!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts