1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this FIRST post will be continously updated as details are finalized

EVENT NO LONGER 'OFFICIAL' - BUT THERE WILL BE A GTG

When: Saturday 9th July 2005 - Noon - 6:00pm
Where: Artesani Park, Opp Days Hotel 1234, Soldiers Field Road, Brighton, MA - 02135

RSVP: Please email [email protected] with following info:
1) Number of people
2) Touareg Model
3) Modifications made
a) Exterior
b) Interior
c) VAG mods
4) Do you own a VAG-COM?

Cost: $25 per person. ($12 for food/non-alchoholic beverages + $13 towards liability insurance req by the park authorities to host this event) UPDATE: NO INSURANCE/FOOD = NO COST
Please mail check to:
Sanket S. Parekh
763 Main Street, Apt 12
Waltham, MA - 02451

Hotel: For people driving from far, and would like to stay a night in Boston. When you call for reservation please mention you are with ClubTouareg to get the special $99/night rate. Children FREE with parents in same room.

Days Hotel
1234 Soldiers Field Rd
Western Ave & Soldiers Field
Brighton, MA, 02135 US
617-254-1234

Our target - atleast 25 T-Regs!

Organizers: SSP & PrincessVivian

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds good!!! :drunk:

SSP.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
german day

Larz Anderson Museum hosting the German Day on June 19th

Would prefer to have our own Touareg Appreciation Day though.

SSP.

·
Registered
866 Posts
hotdaymnitzbao said:
i may be in..... i have to check my schedule when i get back to NY tho.
Christina, if you come, please bring your vagcom! I'm sure many of the new folks would like thier chimes turned off and stuff. (And I'd like to change my blinker setting!)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
blinker

Hey 4X4,

what blinker settings were you referring to? I'm just trying to get to know all mods people have done.

Thanks!

SSP.

·
Registered
866 Posts
The turn signals. If you move the lever a bit without clicking it all the way, the turn signal flashes three times, like for lane changes. With the vagcom, this can be adjusted to flash a different number of times.

Based on my typical driving and the traffic situations (Rt. 3 at rush hour) I think 5 flashes would be better. Of course 90% of the other people on Rt. 3 don't use turn signals at all :anger: , so it's certainly not urgent for me.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for mentioning this on the VWVortex forum, 4x4. I'd like to make it, depends on the little ones' schedules for the date picked but should be do-able. It would be nice to finally meet up with a lot of you.

By the way, I can bring my VAG-COM for those who need it!

Edit: Just realized this was my first post - guess I spend most of my time on the Vortex...

·
Registered
866 Posts
Either of those days sound fine. Hopefully my wife and daughter won't obligate me to something else before the final choice is made. ;)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
alrite people,

the date is finalized! SATURDAY 9th JULY 2005

Location: The location is going to be within 10 miles of Boston city, in a park with ample parking space.

This post is to ensure that people block the date. More details will be posted on this thread in the FIRST post.

SSP.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Would love to be a part of it... but that's about when I'll be moving, if it will not have happened already.

Have a great time, though. Sox are away that weekend. Have it at Fenway and rip up the basepaths.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am picking up my new (well almost 500miles on it) TREG this Thursday. I would love to take part in this event, so my wife can see why I have been acting like a small child at Xmas for the last 8 weeks. We would love a sugestion of somewhere close for the overnight stay, We will be comeing up from South Jersey. thanks Mark
:wave:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Mark,

Congratulations on the T-Reg. We are working on getting some sort of package for people driving from far. The park is opposite a Days Inn, so that would be ideal for anyone. Also, there is a DoubleTree close by which can also be a possibility for you.

Keep checking back for more details. The FIRST post in this thread will be the most upto date.

SSP.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts