4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Northeast Fall Foliage Touareg Rally
Columbus Day Weekend
October 8-10, 2004

in New Hampshire

(100 miles north of Boston)
(4 hours from NYC)

Email bravocharile (bcu AT bcunderwood.com) for details if you're interested.

For those of you who email him, you will receive the proposed details for the weekend via email.

Once you receive the details, if you are going to come, you need to email him and tell him you're coming so we can get an accurate count.[/b]

·
Registered
866 Posts
This event is a follow-on to a one day get-together we had last Sunday. There were 9 Touaregs from participants on the vwvortex touareg forum there, and we had a great time comparing mods, doing VAG-COM changes and eating some really great food.

Here's a link to the thread about Sunday's get-together, with a lot of good pictures and descriptions: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1370646

And here's a link to the thread about the upcoming fall event: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1371990

There are currently 12 Touareg owners signed up. We are hoping to get at least 20. While this will take place in the North East, it's not limited to folks from the North East - everyone is welcome.

Sunday was a blast, and this fall event will certainly be at least as much fun, and probably more!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Update:

As of 6/2 there are 15 confirmed, and several publicly on the fence. Farthest so far will be from CO!

The earlier you confirm the better, as it'll be foliage season and rooms may get scarce by mid-late summer!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Damn straight I'm going to be there. It's gonna be worth the drive to New Hampshire from Colorado.

I haven't been to the northeast since 1986, which is the last time I did a big U.S. road trip. I can't wait.

Anyone else from Colorado, Kansas, Missouri etc. need to go, so we can caravan into the NE.

Driver's Wanted!!!!!!

·
Administrator
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There was a gathering at Point Pleasant, NJ this past weekend. Here is a link to the followup thread: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1509128.

If you are in the Northeast, you reeally don't want to miss the fall event. Even if you can only make one day, you should try to make it. These events are lots of fun.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Do you know if there are rooms left?

·
Registered
866 Posts
smokin_joe said:
Do you know if there are rooms left?
Hard to say. Check the Rally post on VWVortex. There were several posts about area hotels.

A bunch of us are staying at the Lake motel. I think the number is: 1 888 569 1110 but there are a bunch of others. Also, contact BravoCharlie via email as stated in the original post here, and he may be able to suggest some others.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Cool!

Hey, maybe I will be able to go there!
I would love to see a touareg in all it's great off-road capabilities!
I may go!

·
Administrator
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will be there on Friday afternoon with VAGCOM in hand to do some work for those requiring the service. Will have radio tools. I will also probably bring other items for purchase and give installation help or tips as needed.

·
Registered
866 Posts
What a great weekend!

The rally was fabulous. All arrived Friday and had a good evening of vagging, looking at Tourags, and putting real names to our forum nick-names.

Saturday morning at 7:30 thirteen Touaregs gathered at BravoCharlie's house to caravan up to the Mount Washington auto road. We drove up the mountain, had a guided tour of the weather station up there, then descended and went for lunch at the Mount Washington hotel.

Lot's of other fun was had, but this part of the Rally made for the best pics.

More pics and rally feedback on the VWVortex forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Ditto 4x4s

BC, I think next year we should do some offroading... I noticed a perfect venue along the way :cool:

The rally was an incredible experience perfect weather, scenery, and Touaregs all around.

Mrs. spockcat shoots the descent Safari Style!

Happy b-day T-Reg, your gift is one quick trip to the dealer :banghead:
...1200 miles logged this trip

Jeff from MA rolls in hours after we last see him behind us a couple miles from BC's.

Either this guy snuck into our caravan and the Mt. Washington people didn't catch him... or the owner of this Pepper really knows his roots!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: [/img]

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
2004 Northeast Touareg Rally - Mt. Washington

Just found YouTube's rotate video feature... thought I would post a couple blasts from the past.

And a few images. . .

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts